Masks for an ASV?
Masks for an ASV?
I use an ASV and many masks won't work with it. Does anyone know of any nasal or nasal pillow masks that will?
_________________
| Machine: AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier |
| Additional Comments: min EPAP 10, max EPAP 14, PS min 6, PS max 12, ramp off |
Satan ~~ Spawn of Apria Can't type well ith this stupid macular degeneration.
Re: Masks for an ASV?
I use a Fisher and Paykel HC431 full face mask.ephraimh wrote:I use an ASV and many masks won't work with it. Does anyone know of any nasal or nasal pillow masks that will?
Re: Masks for an ASV?
I'm on a ventilator which uses some fairly high pressures at times. Like Bons, I use the F&P 431 and it's the only mask I've found that works for me. The leaks increase at the higher pressures, but it holds up better than anything else I've tried.
_________________
| Mask: FlexiFit HC431 Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear |
| Humidifier: HC150 Heated Humidifier With Hose, 2 Chambers and Stand |
| Additional Comments: Trilogy EVO. S/T AVAPS, IPAP 18-23, EPAP 10, BPM 7 |
Re: Masks for an ASV?
I think that answer will vary depending on each person's pressure, face-shape, etc. The F&P didn't work for me, but the Quattro does. It's not ideal since I haven't found "ideal" yet, but for me, it is work-able.
Best wishes,
Tony
Best wishes,
Tony
_________________
| Mask: Mirage Quattro™ Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear |
| Additional Comments: EPAP = 12 / IPAP = 12-20 / Backup rate = AUTO / Central Sleep Apnea - Cheyne-Stokes Respirations diagnosed May 29, 2009; otherwise healthy |
Re: Masks for an ASV?
You are absolutely correct, Tony. What works perfectly for one person may be the worst for another. Each person has to keep trying until they find what works for them.tonycog wrote:I think that answer will vary depending on each person's pressure, face-shape, etc. The F&P didn't work for me, but the Quattro does.
_________________
| Mask: FlexiFit HC431 Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear |
| Humidifier: HC150 Heated Humidifier With Hose, 2 Chambers and Stand |
| Additional Comments: Trilogy EVO. S/T AVAPS, IPAP 18-23, EPAP 10, BPM 7 |


