Silverlining 3

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Csaba Molnar

Silverlining 3

Post by Csaba Molnar » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:02 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to link SL3 to a GK420S, for some reason I just get a massage "No connection, check your cables" I have gone out and got a new cable, it didn’t help. I have scoured the manual and have triple confirmed my pert settings and baud rate.

I'm running windows XP on my laptop and using a USB to serial converter.

Anyone got some Ideas?

User avatar
ignorant1
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:44 pm
Location: Near Los Angeles

Re: Silverlining 3

Post by ignorant1 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:24 pm

If your port settings are correct, and since the cable is new - I would suspect it is the serial to USB converter. Are the drivers installed for the converter? You may wish to find an older computer with a serial port and try your machine on that one just as a diagnostic. If it works, then the USB converter would then be confirmed to be the problem. Good Luck!
“Ignorance” is not pejorative; it is simply a lack of information. “Stupidity” is an inability to utilize available information.

ozij
Posts: 10544
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:52 pm

Re: Silverlining 3

Post by ozij » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:31 pm

Make sure SL3 and the converter software are attemting to use the same COM port, and the same communication definitions.

Use the Windows control panel to to got to "System", click on the "Device Manager" tab, and check the port number assigned and communication parameter assigned to your com port. If the port is not the same here and on SilverLining, you will have no communication.

_________________
Mask: AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: Machine: Resmed AirSense10 for Her with Climateline heated hose ; alternating masks.
And now here is my secret, a very simple secret; it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

Csaba Molnar

Re: Silverlining 3

Post by Csaba Molnar » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:39 pm

hi,

I have tried two different USB to RS-232 converters with no luck, I guess I'll try scrounge an old PC with a built in serial port.

Thanks...