Offtopic: Should I remove the bug?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

Should the bug stay or go?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:57 am

Absolutely not, It provides great entertainment and a break from all the seriousness here.
37%
Yes, get rid of it. I can't stand it, it freaks me out and makes me want to swat my monitor.
34%
I'm on the fence. Some days it doesn't bother me, other days it does.
14%
I have no opinion on the matter.
14%

Total votes: 91

Noddyman

Re: Offtopic: Should I remove the bug?

Post by Noddyman » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:18 pm

Well, I'll be upset if it goes. Why? For fun I've occasionally been working on a gif of my own that was directly aimed at Lazer's bug. When finished I was going to be putting it in my signature for a few weeks just for a laugh. But now it might have to all fall through, given that it seems that it upsets some people!! Boo hoo.

Perhaps, Lazer, you could just adjust the timing a bit to slow things down.....maybe even make it reaaaalllllllyyyyy sllllooooowwwwww and that could be fun too, with it just moving a little bit occasionally!

Cheers,

Nods

avi123

Post by avi123 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:05 pm

Layzer, till when are you letting this OT thread run? I know it that you enjoy being at the center of attention. I also know it that when I asked you nicely about a month ago to remove that bug you replied that since I asked nicely you might consider it. Like a bank officer agreeing to approve a loan on my Ferrari car. But it seems that you will be dragging this post forever b/c It will take the place of your daily 3 or 4 nundniky questions posts that you been posting till now daily.

see my recent set-up and Statistics:
http://i.imgur.com/TewT8G9.png
see my recent ResScan treatment results:
http://i.imgur.com/3oia0EY.png
http://i.imgur.com/QEjvlVY.png

deltadave

Post by deltadave » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:02 am

ems wrote:
jnk wrote:Resident trolls such as I always consider ourselves to be finny whether we actually are or not.

"finny"?

P.S. All in good fin!
That's it!

We need "fin-based" gifs!

...other than food...

49er

Post by 49er » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:16 am

ems wrote:
49er wrote:Anyway, I will see if I can change my vote since I voted to keep it.

49er

Let me know when you find out. Thanks.
Haven't been able to figure out.

Help, Lazer, I want to change my vote from yes, bug should be kept, to no, get rid of it.

Delta Dave, thanks for some great laughs

49er

deltadave

Post by deltadave » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:35 am

49er wrote:
ems wrote:
49er wrote:Anyway, I will see if I can change my vote since I voted to keep it.

49er

Let me know when you find out. Thanks.
Haven't been able to figure out.
I believe that is a permission that SysMod needs to enable:
• Allow revoting - If this is chosen, users will be able re-cast their votes.
...other than food...

jnk

Post by jnk » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:13 am

ems wrote:
jnk wrote:Resident trolls such as I always consider ourselves to be finny whether we actually are or not.
"finny"?

P.S. All in good fin!
Sorry about the misspell.

I have been informed that the correct spelling may be "fini."

The guy who PMed me that seemed vaguely familiar.

He has this as his avatar:

who

Post by who » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:29 am

Howdy.

Just stopped in to vote.

Won't stick around to bug ya.

Good day.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Often credited (unsourced) to my favorite doctor, Dr. Seuss.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:25 am

avi123 wrote::o Layzer, till when are you letting this OT thread run? I know it that you enjoy being at the center of attention. I also know it that when I asked you nicely about a month ago to remove that bug you replied that since I asked nicely you might consider it. Like a bank officer agreeing to approve a loan on my Ferrari car. But it seems that you will be dragging this post forever b/c It will take the place of your daily 3 or 4 nundniky questions posts that you been posting till now daily.
You know avi -- you can choose NOT to read this thread. It is clearly marked as "off topic" and a lot of people are having fun with it. That little finger of yours can click on other threads. Or is that beyond your capabilities to ignore that which you do not like?

If I wasn't on his foe list before, I sure as heck will be now!!! I will consider myself in great company there. Hee Hee.

123.Shawn T.W.

Post by 123.Shawn T.W. » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:40 am

Avi, since you have Lazer on your foe list, and have stated in your first post to this thread that you don't reply to post by Lazer, you sure seem to be making lots of posts here ... Don't make any sense now does it?

BTW I vote to keep it! I didn't even notice it till the last hullabaloo about it, and went looking for it, as I normally read on my iPhone and have it zoomed in to only read the text, so that part along with aviators are off my screen ...

This thread is gaining on the "triple dog dare you" thread!

If it really truly bothers somebody, they should follow the instructions mentioned earlier about the blocker thingy ...
"I am a man of peace, but if war comes to my door it will find me home." - Winston Churchill

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:57 am

deltadave wrote:
ems wrote:

"finny"?

P.S. All in good fin!
That's it!

We need "fin-based" gifs!

Is that a red Ferrari?? Cool!

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

lazer

Post by lazer » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:00 am

Hawthorne wrote:It is beyond me why people on this thread continue to make it worse for those who have that vision difficulty.

I remember when Slinky came on and told us about the person in chat with the problem and then she changed her slinky so that it was not animated. I admire Slinky for that.

I do not have that vision problem but I fail to see the fun in making it difficult for anyone to come to the forum.

My hope is that they no longer follow this thread at least but can still get help for their sleep apnea.

I'm sorry but it does bother me. it looks like I will have to continue to be bothered.

I know this forum well enough to know that I put myself out there for attacks and ridicule by reminding people of this but I don't care.
I am truly sorry if the animation (bug) I have bothers you to this degree. That is not your fault and I'm certainly not here to purposely irritate anyone over this other than 1 person (I think we know whom that is and my next post will reflect that). Anyhow, is it the fact it's moving? Would it be ok if I made it a very slow animation? I know it doesn't portray a vivid sense of colors or hypnotic effect as the previous poster's did (Although admittedly I found that funny... -sorry again)

I like to have a little bit of fun on a forum. I like to brighten other people's days with a little bit of a twist or change in being unique. I was never out to hurt anyone's feelings. I will take the votes and all comments into consideration. I truly put this poll up to find out how many approve and how many disapprove so to be fair. Again, I'm not out to offend or hurt anyone's feelings.

Now I have another response to make to someone else. Standby...

lazer

Post by lazer » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:06 am

avi123 wrote::o Layzer, till when are you letting this OT thread run? I know it that you enjoy being at the center of attention. I also know it that when I asked you nicely about a month ago to remove that bug you replied that since I asked nicely you might consider it. Like a bank officer agreeing to approve a loan on my Ferrari car. But it seems that you will be dragging this post forever b/c It will take the place of your daily 3 or 4 nundniky questions posts that you been posting till now daily.
First off, you can't even spell my name correctly. Secondly, why the hell are you even participating in this thread anymore since you admitted to having over 50% of the people here including me on your "Foe" list? Next, Yea I said at one point since you asked nicely I would consider removing the bug but you continually post away in just about any other thread you chime in on with derogatory and negativity towards others about their posts, masks, ect... I still have to often ask myself, who the hell made you the forum cop here on this board with the way you respond to others.

Furthermore, you can take your bank loan/car analogy and shove it up your ass. You're reaching at straws here trying to somehow clear your ignorance and shine out as being right and I think if anyone on here regularly has followed your posting style can realize what you're doing and the fact is you are just blowing smoke.

It would really be nice if you could somehow learn by this in a positive way but as long as you see it the way you see it (which I think is your biggest foe), you will never change your ways and continue to come across as an ass on this board.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:08 am

Lazer
Don't let Avi get to you..he thinks he's the boss of everybody and what he says goes........NOT!!!!!!!!!
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

lazer

Post by lazer » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:12 am

nanwilson wrote:Lazer
Don't let Avi get to you..he thinks he's the boss of everybody and what he says goes........NOT!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Nan, In reality he doesn't really get to me. I just felt a need to respond and attempt to set the record straight on what I feel about the situation. And I am one that tends to defend themselves when feeling like I'm being taken out of context or picked on without cause.

rosacer

Post by rosacer » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:17 am

by avi123 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:05 am

Layzer, till when are you letting this OT thread run? I know it that you enjoy being at the center of attention. I also know it that when I asked you nicely about a month ago to remove that bug you replied that since I asked nicely you might consider it. Like a bank officer agreeing to approve a loan on my Ferrari car. But it seems that you will be dragging this post forever b/c

I was declared a FOE because I was wondering who was the real self appointed moderator in the forum. I haven't change my mind about who that person happens to be

But the most surprising to me is that even if we are in his Foe list, he still takes the time to check what some of us write in our posts. Speak about a SELF APPOINTED MODERATOR, hard to understand certain minds

I think it would be a good idea to be able to put yourself in the FOE list, this would protect the community

Lazer: keep your post ! we will all finish in the FOE list, and very happy to be there