Wow! there is so much helpful information here, and I am so impressed.
My Sleep Doc is the one from h---. He only cares that I can fog a mirror, and wear my equipment long enough to validate that I am compliant. There has been no discussion of "what works" and what might help me. I have had 2 cpap machines in 15 years, and perhaps 5 masks. My mask is 2 years old.
Now I find I need a prescription validating that I need a mask, from a medical doctor for benefit coverage. I offered to photocopy my face, and show the morning-after strap marks. Clearly there was no humour in that remark. And it's not an acceptable solution.
So for now I need:
* new g.p. Mine's a quack
* new sleep doc (one that's skilled and can provide solutions; in short, one that cares.)
* a new mask (a prescription from a medical doctor, to ensure I have benefit coverage.)
I'm discouraged. I get second rate equipment that's very costly. American suppliers would provide better equipment at lower cost.
I do appreciate the naming of suppliers. They will help in future.
Is there something here that suggests what information is required so that I might carry a prescrription with me when I travel (should I need to replacemy equipment?)
Thanks!
DaveL
Cdn with a question and Concerned about ordering from US
Re: Cdn with a question and Concerned about ordering from US
_________________
| Mask: DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear |
| Humidifier: S9™ Series H5i™ Heated Humidifier with Climate Control |
| Additional Comments: S8 Ellite II Cpap Machine as backup |
Regards,
DaveL Toronto
DaveL Toronto
Re: Cdn with a question and Concerned about ordering from US
My "prescription" is in the form of a letter (report) saying that yes I do have moderate sleep apnea and require a cpap machine with a pressure of 10.
Thanks to a new auto machine I am now receiving treatment at a pressure of nearly 14 but my prescription remains the same.
Thanks to a new auto machine I am now receiving treatment at a pressure of nearly 14 but my prescription remains the same.
- BlackSpinner
- Posts: 9742
- Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:44 pm
- Location: Edmonton Alberta
- Contact:
Re: Cdn with a question and Concerned about ordering from US
Look at this page https://www.cpap.com/cpap-faq/Prescriptions.htmlDaveL wrote:
Is there something here that suggests what information is required so that I might carry a prescrription with me when I travel (should I need to replacemy equipment?)
Thanks!
DaveL
On that page click on the link in this sentence. It will open a pdf. Print it and get it filled out by any medical professional you can talk to.
If you are planning to visit your doctor soon, you can take ourstandard prescription form for your doctor to use.
_________________
| Machine: PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP Machine |
| Additional Comments: Quatro mask for colds & flus S8 elite for back up |
71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal
Re: Cdn with a question and Concerned about ordering from US
Follow up.
Visited the sleep doc from h--- Asked him if anything had changed in OSA treatment. He said zero had.
So we're back to proving that I turn the machine on every night and let it run.
Darn, I need a new sleep doc!
(The only reason that my machine reports is because the DME did bait and switch; they didn't have the basic machine in stock, and I had to pay more to upgrade.)
I just bought a mask from a new DME. Wonderful people! They told me that they could download a year's data from my machine. The previous DME (assigned for 15 years by my sleep doc.) didn't reveal that to me. They weren't interested.
I know that people here have incredible knowledge and skill. If I didn't have support here, I wouldn't be compliant.
Clearly I have a lot to learn.
Visited the sleep doc from h--- Asked him if anything had changed in OSA treatment. He said zero had.
So we're back to proving that I turn the machine on every night and let it run.
Darn, I need a new sleep doc!
(The only reason that my machine reports is because the DME did bait and switch; they didn't have the basic machine in stock, and I had to pay more to upgrade.)
I just bought a mask from a new DME. Wonderful people! They told me that they could download a year's data from my machine. The previous DME (assigned for 15 years by my sleep doc.) didn't reveal that to me. They weren't interested.
I know that people here have incredible knowledge and skill. If I didn't have support here, I wouldn't be compliant.
Clearly I have a lot to learn.
_________________
| Mask: DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear |
| Humidifier: S9™ Series H5i™ Heated Humidifier with Climate Control |
| Additional Comments: S8 Ellite II Cpap Machine as backup |
Regards,
DaveL Toronto
DaveL Toronto

