ResScan Software

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Mr. Smiley
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:45 pm
Location: N. E. Side of Indianapolis

ResScan Software

Post by Mr. Smiley » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:10 pm

I am instrested at some point when it gets cheaper to buy the software and the card reader. I did a google search for the software and found i can get the bundle for 200 from cpapaustralia.com

I also noticed that for free or about $3 you can download it from torrentreactor.net Im kinda leary about that. I want a good deal and all,but this seams too good a deal.


Does anyone know much about either place?

Mr. Smiley

User avatar
Slinky
Posts: 11372
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Mid-Michigan

Re: ResScan Software

Post by Slinky » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:52 am

The software isn't going to do you any good w/o the proprietary cable reader. Check out the cost of the cable reader and then decide if the software buy you mentioned is worth the risk.

Keep in mind that w/an S8 II device you need ResScan 3.4 or above and if you have Vista on your 'puter you need ResScan 3.7.

_________________
Mask: Quattro™ FX Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: PR SystemOne BPAP Auto w/Bi-Flex & Humidifier - EncorePro 2.2 Software - Contec CMS-50D+ Oximeter - Respironics EverFlo Q Concentrator
Women are Angels. And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly.....on a broomstick. We are flexible like that.
My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

JimW203
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:46 pm
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: ResScan Software

Post by JimW203 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:08 pm

Mr. Smiley wrote:I am instrested at some point when it gets cheaper to buy the software and the card reader. I did a google search for the software and found i can get the bundle for 200 from cpapaustralia.com

I also noticed that for free or about $3 you can download it from torrentreactor.net Im kinda leary about that. I want a good deal and all,but this seams too good a deal.


Does anyone know much about either place?

Mr. Smiley
The strong likelihood is that once the BitTorrent from torrentreactor.net is finished and you have converted it to an exe file and gone through the install process you will be met with a statement such as "The administrator has implemented a policy forbidding this install." In other words, there are no free lunches. If you are unfamilliar with BitTorrents, you will discover that you need another program to "decode" the file and that the download process is not partiularly user-friendly. Regarding CPAPAustralia, if the bundle includes shipping, it would be a bargain. OTOH, if time is a serious consideration, then CPAP.com might be the better option. I am told they will match prices, but I doubt they would match the $200 bundle price. They might match the $175 price for 3.7 quoted by thespapshop.com, though.

JimW203

Mr. Smiley
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:45 pm
Location: N. E. Side of Indianapolis

Re: ResScan Software

Post by Mr. Smiley » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:42 pm

The strong likelihood is that once the BitTorrent from torrentreactor.net is finished and you have converted it to an exe file and gone through the install process you will be met with a statement such as "The administrator has implemented a policy forbidding this install." In other words, there are no free lunches. If you are unfamilliar with BitTorrents, you will discover that you need another program to "decode" the file and that the download process is not partiularly user-friendly. Regarding CPAPAustralia, if the bundle includes shipping, it would be a bargain. OTOH, if time is a serious consideration, then CPAP.com might be the better option. I am told they will match prices, but I doubt they would match the $200 bundle price. They might match the $175 price for 3.7 quoted by thespapshop.com, though.

JimW203[/quote]

Im not in any hurry. I was just wondering. I think ill wait till after the follow up in a month and a half and also see how i start feeling.

Mr. Smiley