Some recommendations

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jlsmithseven

Some recommendations

Post by jlsmithseven » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:17 am

Hi
So I am trying the new Vitera mask because I feel my mouth leaks with the Dreamports and I have been mega congested lately. Can anyone make some recommendations on these leaks or my pressure settings?

https://ibb.co/x5WJhmF

Jlfinkels

Re: Some recommendations

Post by Jlfinkels » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:45 am

Those leaks are not too bad, far less than mine on some nights. Are they waking you up or affecting your sleep?
Sometimes it is the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one imagines

robysue1

Re: Some recommendations

Post by robysue1 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:04 am

jlsmithseven wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:17 am
Hi
So I am trying the new Vitera mask because I feel my mouth leaks with the Dreamports and I have been mega congested lately. Can anyone make some recommendations on these leaks or my pressure settings?

https://ibb.co/x5WJhmF
Except for two relatively short large leaks, your leak data is quite acceptable in terms of size. So if these leaks are not waking you up and/or keeping you from getting back to sleep when you do wake up, you could choose to just ignore them.

But if the leaks are waking you up or keeping you from getting back to sleep, then, yes, you do need to do something.

Full face masks, like the Vitera, are designed to allow mouth breathing. But sometimes when the jaw sags open, that can cause the mask to spring some pretty large leaks simply because the shape of the face has changed. I'll leave it to folks who use full face masks on a regular basis to give you tips on how to prevent that from happening.
Joined as robysue on 9/18/10. Forgot my password & the email I used was on a machine that has long since died & gone to computer heaven.

Correct number of posts is 7250 as robysue + what I have as robysue1

Profile pic: Frozen Niagara Falls