First Night!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
GrumpyHere

Re: First Night!

Post by GrumpyHere » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:54 am

BuckarooBanzai wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:35 am
My leaks/episodes dropped dramatically when I began using the P10 mask. Then they slowly increased over time. Replaced my P10 headgear and then they dropped again. Thus, I purchased several extra P10 headgear units so I can wash and wear them in turn. Hopefully, the weekly hot water wash will shrink them down enough to retain a snug fit.
FYI:
AirFit N30 headgears have a adjustable clasp and are compatible with the P10.
ResMed Lumis Tx - VAuto mode

BuckarooBanzai

Post by BuckarooBanzai » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:57 pm

Thank you, Grumpy.

The new P10s come with the N30 adjustable headgear. The clasp is on only one side (the right side). I sleep on my left side, and so I tend to stretch out that side - or so it seems, subjectively. Anyhow, when I tighten the headgear via the clasp, it seems to tighten the right side more than the left. But it's the left side that needs tightening. Again, this a subjective report.

The new Resmed P10 headgear costs only $11.00, and the generic old-style P10 headgear I picked up at three for $16, so I won't complain. I'll just wash and shrink them as needed.

I am so happy with the P10, this is not an issue.

BuckarooBanzai

Post by BuckarooBanzai » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:24 pm

Shout out to FrequentFlyerMom for her gift of a P10 pillow!

Kindness counts - and we definitely have some kind ones here.

BB

BuckarooBanzai

Number of nightly events going up

Post by BuckarooBanzai » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:06 am

I've learned to switch out my P10 headgear when leaks increase. Got that. But my event rate is going up. I was down to 0.4/hour but am now pushing 3/hour.

Will switching out the P10 pillows help? They are only six weeks old. Instructions say they might need to be changed as frequently as every two weeks, but I know people here say they often use them for many months.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:08 am

Which category of events is increasing?

Can you post the detailed report for a night with a lot more AHI?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

BuckarooBanzai

Post by BuckarooBanzai » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:24 am

Hi Pugsy.

AHI = 2.8
Total AI = 2.8
Central = 0.2

The central numbers are holding steady but the AHI is going up. Seal is good, leaks are low at 4L (well, that's low for me). Pressure range is 7-13, ramp is off.

P95 Pressure was 10.6 last night. Usually runs about 9.5. Last night, I woke up about 3 AM and it was 11.4; I was lying on my back and weird sounds were coming from my throat - not snores per se, but more like a whistling.

Thinking:
1. Not cleaning pillows often enough?
2. Medication: I took Sumatriptan for migraine Friday AM?
3. Using NeilMed Sinus rinse: Excess water in sinuses?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:33 am

Usually when it's the nasal pillows getting tired it's more of a leak issue than an AHI issue.
You could easily try a new pillow just to see if it makes any difference or not.

I wonder if you have been spending more time on your back than you were a while ago????

Hard to really offer much more than a WAG without more details but you might be needing a bit more minimum pressure to better prevent the events from ever happening.
Assuming that you are sleeping decently and we can't blame the flagged events on arousal breathing.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

BuckarooBanzai

Post by BuckarooBanzai » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:45 am

I'm a side-sleeper; back sleeping is disastrous for me. I did wake up on my back in the middle of the night, and that has something to do with this problem, for sure. Last night was weird. Like I said, I woke up on my back and there was a peculiar whistling sound coming from my throat. And then I kept yawning over and over and over as I tried to go back to sleep.

Typical: I wake up and the pressure is, say, 11, then I get up for a few minutes and go back to bed. The machine starts up again at 7. I start up with deep and repetitive yawns. Could this reflect that I was at 11 but am now at 7? Too large a pressure disparity? I am grasping at straws, here.

Ramp is 'off,' so shouldn't the machine move up relatively quickly to whatever pressure I need, no matter what the start pressure?

Perhaps I should slowly raise the start pressure, as you said.