Arousal apnea’s?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Jlfinkels

Arousal apnea’s?

Post by Jlfinkels » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:37 pm

I’ve been reading up on arousal related apnea’s but don’t think I’m quite getting it. I noticed that right before I awake I sometimes get a burst of events, but rarely during the night. I’m just trying to understand it, not fix something that likely does not need to be fixed. Any pointers to a simple explanation of it?
Insanity takes its toll. Please have exact change.
ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
ResMed P10

LSAT

Re: Arousal apnea’s?

Post by LSAT » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:41 pm

What kind of events? In many cases events just before you get up are Clear Airway events...you may be partially awake. If you were using Oscar and posted some detail, we could see for sure.
oscar -
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset 12/20
Mask: Fisher & Paykel Simplus FF

Jlfinkels

Post by Jlfinkels » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:52 pm

Thanks. Here ya go…
Attachments
screen shot 2021-09-12 at 3.51.08 pm.png
screen shot 2021-09-12 at 3.51.08 pm.png (465.47 KiB) Viewed 418 times
ResMed P10

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:15 pm

Jlfinkels wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:37 pm
I’ve been reading up on arousal related apnea’s but don’t think I’m quite getting it.
awake breathing and sleep breathing are controlled by two different 'systems' within your body. As you transition from one to the other, and back again, you may get what are called "transition apneas".

Ignore them.
Get OSCAR and come chat on IRC: #cpaptalk on irc.libera.chat

Accounts to put on the foe list: mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They're often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Jlfinkels

Post by Jlfinkels » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:52 pm

palerider wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:15 pm
awake breathing and sleep breathing are controlled by two different 'systems' within your body. As you transition from one to the other, and back again, you may get what are called "transition apneas".

Ignore them.
Thanks. I was thinking the same, just needed some assurance from those more schooled in CPAP.
ResMed P10

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:10 pm

Jlfinkels wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:52 pm
palerider wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:15 pm

Ignore them.
Thanks. I was thinking the same, just needed some assurance from those more schooled in CPAP.
You will also see people refer to "sleep/wake junk" or SWJ here on the forum, that's just the informal name for the same thing, your breathing stumbling as your body switches from one type of breathing to the other, and if that goes on for long enough, the machine, not knowing any better, will flag something. In a sleep lab, they'd just ignore it.
Get OSCAR and come chat on IRC: #cpaptalk on irc.libera.chat

Accounts to put on the foe list: mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They're often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Jlfinkels

Post by Jlfinkels » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:58 am

palerider wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:10 pm
You will also see people refer to "sleep/wake junk" or SWJ here on the forum, that's just the informal name for the same thing, your breathing stumbling as your body switches from one type of breathing to the other, and if that goes on for long enough, the machine, not knowing any better, will flag something. In a sleep lab, they'd just ignore it.
Thanks so much, I appreciate your help!
ResMed P10