Hi everyone. Just found out about the Phillips Dreamstation recall. This is the only CPAP machine I’ve used since I found out I have sleep apnea five years ago.
I am thinking of purchasing the ResMed AirSense 10 as a replacement. However, I do not know how to replicate the settings on my Phillips Dreamstation on another machine, since it's the only machine I've used.
I do have OSCAR software on my computer, so I can see some of my machine settings there (AHI is consistently less than 5, so let’s just assume no adjustments or tweaks are needed):
Some questions:
1.) Is what’s listed on the screenshot above all the data I would need to try and replicate my settings on my new machine? Are there other settings I would need to take a look at on the Phillips DS screen itself?
2.) How easy or difficult is it to replicate DS settings on the AirSense ResMed?
3.) Would someone be able to guide me through the process if I have any questions/difficulty doing so?
4.) I know this board is very much about the DIY approach, but as someone who's largely taken a "set it and forget it" approach to my therapy once I adjusted to sleeping with CPAP, I'm wondering if there are there any benefits to getting a new machine through my local sleep clinic? Just nervous I might not replicate something correctly and adversely affect my health because of it.
Replicating Phillips DS settings on a ResMed AirSense 10
-
commadrama35
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:08 am
Replicating Phillips DS settings on a ResMed AirSense 10
_________________
| Mask: AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear |
| Humidifier: DreamStation Heated Humidifier |
- Miss Emerita
- Posts: 3783
- Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:07 pm
Re: Replicating Phillips DS settings on a ResMed AirSense 10
The ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset [last word is important] is an excellent machine, and we can certainly help you with the settings.
You would start by using the same max and min pressures, and I'd suggest using "EPR" [expiratory pressure relief] of 2, which will be roughly like your flex of 3. Or you could try EPR of 3. You'd want to check the settings for your mask type to make sure you have the right match.
The "feel" of the two brands of machine will be a little different, so don't be surprised if that's true for you. But I think the chances are truly excellent that you will adapt to the ResMed machine very readily.
Just curious: what are the main components of your AHI? Obstructive apneas? Central apneas? Hypopneas?
You would start by using the same max and min pressures, and I'd suggest using "EPR" [expiratory pressure relief] of 2, which will be roughly like your flex of 3. Or you could try EPR of 3. You'd want to check the settings for your mask type to make sure you have the right match.
The "feel" of the two brands of machine will be a little different, so don't be surprised if that's true for you. But I think the chances are truly excellent that you will adapt to the ResMed machine very readily.
Just curious: what are the main components of your AHI? Obstructive apneas? Central apneas? Hypopneas?
_________________
| Machine: AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier |
| Mask: Bleep DreamPort CPAP Mask Solution |
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/
-
commadrama35
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:08 am
Re: Replicating Phillips DS settings on a ResMed AirSense 10
Thanks for the reply, Miss Emerita! Here is an OSCAR overview of my AHI, and reports from the last 2 days I used my CPAP. Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like the main components of my AHI are primarily hypopneas, followed by obstructive apneas. Why do you ask?
_________________
| Mask: AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear |
| Humidifier: DreamStation Heated Humidifier |