Remstar M Series Pro versus Remstar Pro?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Guest

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:18 pm

FYI...I handle all these machines every day. Avoid the M series. It is junk. The pressure wanders, it's loud, it's glitchy, and it's a nightmare trying to keep water from magically flying around inside it from the water chamber to the flow generator unit. There is no way I'd take one even if they gave it to me. The Remstar Plus w/cflex series that preceeded it is a far better machine. It would not surprise me if they pull the M series off the shelves or come out with a different design in the next year.

User avatar
svh
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:31 pm
Location: Boston area

Post by svh » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:32 am

Well, that's disturbing, considering I have an M Series Pro CPAP coming tomorrow. I guess I'll just hope you (Guest) are wrong!


User avatar
Wulfman
Posts: 12316
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:43 pm
Location: Nearest fishing spot

Post by Wulfman » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:11 am

Anonymous wrote:FYI...I handle all these machines every day. Avoid the M series. It is junk. The pressure wanders, it's loud, it's glitchy, and it's a nightmare trying to keep water from magically flying around inside it from the water chamber to the flow generator unit. There is no way I'd take one even if they gave it to me. The Remstar Plus w/cflex series that preceeded it is a far better machine. It would not surprise me if they pull the M series off the shelves or come out with a different design in the next year.
I'm not doubting you, but do you have any numbers/percentages?
I can imagine some scenarios of how water might get into the flow generator units....someone overfilling or carelessly carrying the machine when it's full of water.

I can't imagine that they would have put these on the market without lengthy testing. And, then there's always a few that slip through the QC section.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05