Exhausts - gotta be a better way......

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
dllfo
Posts: 882
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 11:37 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA

Exhausts - gotta be a better way......

Post by dllfo » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:27 pm

I was reading RG post again...and I kept going back to her comment about the exhaust. She said:

"The exhaust is diffused, very quiet -- unless it accidentally hits bedcovers, pillow, or a sidesleeper's arm. That kind of "down low" exhaust position has been a major complaint of mine in several masks, including the Swift."

My wife hates air blowing in her face, so face up or off the bed. I really like the Swift, but the exhaust is not perfect. There has to be a way to re-focus that air somewhere else.

Has anyone re-channeled their exhaust ports? I think we could get some clear plastic tubing...maybe 5/8 inch and slice the end off at a 45 degree angle, then glue it to the mask? I know there is a better way.

Installing Software is like pushing a rope uphill.
I have Encore Pro 1.8.65 but could not find it listed
under software.

I LOVE the SV.

justplainbill
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:38 am

Post by justplainbill » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:34 pm

You might be interested in this thread:
http://cpaptalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=13392

Best wishes,
Bill

Guest

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:07 pm

I don't know HOW you make it through the day

dllfo
Posts: 882
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 11:37 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA

Post by dllfo » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:37 pm

Bill......thanks for the update.....I will watch for the parts becoming available.

As for "HOW" I make it thru the day??? One day at a time...as you can tell by the post...most of the big problems in my life are fixed (not counting my health)...so I can devote my time to Sleep Masksjavascript:emoticon(':wink:')
Wink and keeping my chocolate stash hidden from the cookie monster
Installing Software is like pushing a rope uphill.
I have Encore Pro 1.8.65 but could not find it listed
under software.

I LOVE the SV.

Guest

Re: Exhausts - gotta be a better way......

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:41 pm

dllfo wrote:Has anyone re-channeled their exhaust ports? I think we could get some clear plastic tubing...maybe 5/8 inch and slice the end off at a 45 degree angle, then glue it to the mask? I know there is a better way.
I did exactly that. I purchased two 4' lengths of 1/4" tubing and a couple of 90 degree tubing connectors. Sealed the existing vent in my Adams Circuit and drilled two new ones opposite the nasal pillows. I zip tied the tubing to the CPAP hose and Wa-lah! I can sleep on my side facing my wife again! Much quieter, too, since the exhaust noise is all under the bed with the CPAP machine. Been sleeping with it this way for 2 years.


dllfo
Posts: 882
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 11:37 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA

Post by dllfo » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:47 pm

Mr. Guest ---
Did you try to equal the original air flow/leakage numbers? I like the idea a lot. I have been banished to the far side of the bed too. But if I had enough of the 1/4 inch hose I could really have some fun...run it all the way under the bed and have it blow in her face from the other side

I emailed that company that makes Swift and they denied knowing anything about a Swift II. I am not sure if they just flat lied to me or whether European operations doesn't talk to the USA people.

I have a LOT of tubing from my oxygen cannulas. My HomeFill II unit also has larger tubing if I needed it. I might do that tonight. But on the Swift...instead of the zip ties, I may try rubber bands. The plastic zip ties are scratchy, but a good quality rubber band will last a long time.

Thanks again....

Installing Software is like pushing a rope uphill.
I have Encore Pro 1.8.65 but could not find it listed
under software.

I LOVE the SV.

Mile High Sleeper
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

top exhaust

Post by Mile High Sleeper » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:38 pm

If you like nasal pillows, the Invacare Twilight NP (formerly the AEIOMed Aura) vents straight up, like a chimney. Hits the headboard, not the sleep partner.


_________________
Mask: Ultra Mirage™ Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: SleepZone heated hose, PAPillow, bed wedge, Grossan Hydro-Mate, SnuggleHose, AIEOMed Everest w/ hh, battery pack, DC cord, PadACheek, Headrest pillows
Mile High Sleeper Gal
Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created them. - Albert Einstein

Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person. - Mother Teresa