SD Card

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
friar

SD Card

Post by friar » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:13 pm

Tried to use a commercially available SD Card on my PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP Machine
So I inserted the card in the machine's slot, waited and waited for it to do its magic.
Copied the P-series folder to the laptop, imported data to SleepyHead and...
half of the data was missing
I only got the Events, Pressure, Leak Rate, Snore and AHI graphs.
Missed the Flow Rate,Resp Rate, Tidal Volume, Minute Vent, Insp Time and Exp Time graphs.
Reverted to the supplied with the machine card and everything appeared again.
Have you had such an experience?????
old Zorba there just sulked off into the Aegean, totally oblivious to the obvious.

robysue

Re: SD Card

Post by robysue » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:58 pm

friar wrote:Tried to use a commercially available SD Card on my PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP Machine
So I inserted the card in the machine's slot, waited and waited for it to do its magic.
Copied the P-series folder to the laptop, imported data to SleepyHead and...
half of the data was missing
I only got the Events, Pressure, Leak Rate, Snore and AHI graphs.
Missed the Flow Rate,Resp Rate, Tidal Volume, Minute Vent, Insp Time and Exp Time graphs.
Reverted to the supplied with the machine card and everything appeared again.
Have you had such an experience?????
The Flow Rate data is written directly to the SD card each night. So if you put in a new SD card, any previous Flow Rate data will NOT be written to the new SD card because it is NOT stored in the PR System One's on-board memory.

The Resp Rate, Tidal Volume, Minute Vent, Insp Time, and Exp Time graphs are all computed by Sleepy Head using the Flow Rate data. So if the Flow Rate data is not there, then SH can't draw these graphs either.

The Events, Pressure, Leak Rate and Snore data ARE stored in the System One's internal memory (for a year, if I recall correctly). And hence when a new SD card is inserted, this data is copied to the new card. The AHI graph is computed by Sleepy Head from the data in the events table.

NOTE to RESMED users: The S9 records all the detailed data directly to the SD card. If you insert a new SD card into an S9, the only data that gets copied to the new card is the summary data.

sc0ttt

Post by sc0ttt » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:05 pm

Did you have an SD card previously that went bad?

If you have previous SleepyHead data on your computer you should be able to copy it to the new SD card, right?

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:42 pm

Don't think SleepyHead has the function of re-creating the files onto a new SD card from within the SleepyHead files.
If that function exists, I would be the first to like being corrected because that would be very useful, at least for Respironics machines. It can't work for ResMed because of the way ResMed gets twitchy about any differences between what it creates and anything created/modified on the computer.

Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:03 pm

JDS74 wrote:Don't think SleepyHead has the function of re-creating the files onto a new SD card from within the SleepyHead files.
If that function exists, I would be the first to like being corrected because that would be very useful, at least for Respironics machines.
I think I can do it...give me a bit of time to check out my theory. I need to find a blank SD card first.
Short on time at the moment. Will get back with you.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:16 pm

robysue wrote:
friar wrote: So I inserted the card in the machine's slot, waited and waited for it to do its magic.
The Flow Rate data is written directly to the SD card each night. So if you put in a new SD card, any previous Flow Rate data will NOT be written to the new SD card because it is NOT stored in the PR System One's on-board memory.
this, just to confirm what robysue said, the period you need to wait for it to 'do its magic' is overnight, while you're sleeping.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

friar

Post by friar » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:52 pm

Thank you robysue
Everything is clear now
old Zorba there just sulked off into the Aegean, totally oblivious to the obvious.