Has anyone had any success with the Quattro FX for Her?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Michelle P

Has anyone had any success with the Quattro FX for Her?

Post by Michelle P » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:11 pm

After using the Mirage Quattro and having my nose bridge break. I am trying to use the Quattro FX for Her. I love that it is softer and I have not nose bridge damage but I have problems with air leaking into my eyes. I was wandering if anyone else had similar problems with this mask and if so how did you resolve it?

zoocrewphoto

Re: Has anyone had any success with the Quattro FX for Her?

Post by zoocrewphoto » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:44 pm

It took me awhile to master mine. If it is leaking into your eyes, try moving it slightly downward. The trick is to get it placed just right. If you find that the headgear seems too loose, there is a small headgear that can be special ordered. That is what worked for me.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

Java

Post by Java » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:41 am

Little off topic but have to ask...is the only difference in the, "for her" the color pink? I am using the Quattro full face mask FX size small but not "for her.". My straps are blue. I'm just curious if the "for her" model is actually shaped different or if they just put pink straps on it? Thanks
Java :)

Fifty Shades of Exhausted!

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:00 am

Java wrote:Little off topic but have to ask...is the only difference in the, "for her" the color pink? I am using the Quattro full face mask FX size small but not "for her.". My straps are blue. I'm just curious if the "for her" model is actually shaped different or if they just put pink straps on it? Thanks

The only difference is color. My mom has the pink version, and I have the blue version. Both small size mask. They both came with the standard size medium headgear. I have held them together to compare. I had to order small headgear as the medium was too loose on me.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

helend

Post by helend » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:54 am

This is my first post. I have been on CPAP since September and it's been a rocky road, with many adjustment problems. This was combined with recuperation from an auto accident in July, caused by my falling asleep at the wheel. Subsequent sleep testing and OSA diagnosis followed. Things started to come together for me right after Thanksgiving and now I am doing very well. My numbers are good, with the exception of some spikes (that is for another post) and I am no longer falling asleep during the daytime. I'm finally getting a decent night's sleep. I have a great sleep doc and an excellent DME, but my biggest help, and the practical tips I've needed to make this work, has come from this forum---thank you all---but haven't really felt qualified to post.

Having tried 4 masks, including the Mirage Quattro, I have settled with the Quattro FX. I need a full-face mask because of nasal congestion and a lot of mouth breathing. The FX is working very well for me but it took a lot of tweaking. The trick, as zoocrewphoto said, is placing the mask right. From the ResMed instructions: "Position your mask at an angle against your face, ensuring that the top of the cushion contacts your nasal bridge first. Keeping the upper position of the mask in place, swing the lower half of the mask down against your face so that it rests halfway between your bottom lip and chin. Hold the mask firmly against your face and pull the headgear over your head." The "placing and swinging" is most important. I think I will always get some leaks but they are minimal. I sleep on my side and do have to fiddle with the mask a little when I move around, but it's so automatic now that it doesn't wake me me up or affect my sleep. I also had to order the size small headgear myself originally, but after talking with my DME and questioning ResMed's policy of shipping a small mask with a medium headgear, they ordered the small headgear for me and Medicare paid for it.

Michelle P

Post by Michelle P » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:42 am

Thanks everyone for your responses. I have tried to do what you are saying but not with much success. I will keep trying. I am a side sleeper, mouth breather that is why I started with a FF mask and have been trying to stay with one. My RT suggested I try a nasal mask with a chin strap. My stats are somewhat better with the nasal mask but I am still having nose problems.
(With the Mirage Quattro, I was having major leaking in my eyes and nose problems---my skin is very soft and consequently very sensitive). The big plus for the Quattro for her is it is lighter and I have no nose problems.

I am hoping if I can get my Quattro for her tweaked properly then I would have no nose problems and no leaks in my eyes and maybe the stats will get better. I like the Quattro FX so much better than the Mirage Quattro. I forget to mention a month or so after I leaned I have OSA, I learned I have a deviated septum which makes me feel that I need a FFmask. I am tryting not to have the surgery. I have tried using a mask liner but it did not help in terms of the aire in my eyes.
Thanks again for your posts!

lisacaice

Post by lisacaice » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:17 pm

Michelle,

When I put on my Quattro (without a liner,) I always place the top on first with the mask pointing as far down and in as I can and then I bring the rest of the mask down over my face, at this point I turn on my machine hold the mask secure to my face and let it fill with air and attach the bottom straps to the mask. This usually gets rid of all the leaks but If I still have a small leak I push the mask against my face as if to push out the air, when I release it I don't have any leaks. Unfortunately, I am a side sleeper too, but if I sleep on my side at all the seal breaks so I have given up and started sleeping on my back and increased my pressure to make sure I don't have any apneas.

Good luck!

Michelle P

Post by Michelle P » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:16 pm

Good to hear from you Lisa!