DoriC are you okay?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
emeraude

DoriC are you okay?

Post by emeraude » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:00 am

Hey DoriC,
We haven't heard from you since Sandy hit and am very worried about you and Mike.
If you see this post, please reply as soon as you can. Hope you are okay...
Has anyone here heard from DoriC?

Pugsy

Re: DoriC are you okay?

Post by Pugsy » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:05 am

I heard from her earlier in the day on Monday and sent her a PM around 6:30 PM Monday asking how they were doing and it is still sitting in my outbox. So she hasn't read it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:05 am

One of Dori and Mikes kids is a doctor, so I'm am sure they are being taken care of other than at home. I just hope their home was not affected to badly..
We will hear from her as soon as things settle down and she can get to her computer.
Nan
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

SleepyToo2

Post by SleepyToo2 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:05 pm

Dori lists her location as NJ - MANY people in NJ are without power, and it could take some time, as in weeks, before power is completely restored. Some areas along the coast may take months to get restored. My office is quite a long way from the coast, but we are still having power problems, and some of my colleagues are still completely without power. Crews are doing what they can to restore power, but they have to do such an amazing amount of work before they can turn anything back on, that it is hardly surprising that it will take them so long. We all have to be patient. And thank our Gods for all the people/things in our lives that are still there. And pray for all those we do not know about yet. Because DoriC has been through such a rough time recently, and is such an angel on this board, we have to pray especially for her and Mike.

Heavylids

Post by Heavylids » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:09 pm

I'm shocked at the damage done by this, a catagory 1 hurricane. I can't even imagine the devastation that a category 3 or 4 would have caused. It doesn't to me that the affected aera were in any way prepared for the aftermath.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Heavylids wrote:I'm shocked at the damage done by this, a catagory 1 hurricane. I can't even imagine the devastation that a category 3 or 4 would have caused. It doesn't to me that the affected aera were in any way prepared for the aftermath.

Yea...Why didn't they build a 10' wall around NY and NJ

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:39 pm

Back to the reason for this thread... Dori, come back as soon as you are able and let us know how you and Mike are doing. Your strong yet gentle presence is missed here and many of us are holding you in our thoughts and prayers.

tattooyu

Post by tattooyu » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:16 pm

Auntie Dori... where are you? We hope you and Mike are safe! In the mean time, here's a picture of Jonah -- er Superman -- in his Halloween parade.

Sleep well and live better!

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:30 pm

Hello Dear Friends!! Your prayers and good wishes got us through this nightmare! We lost power Monday afternoon, our home is all-electric so no stove, no lights, no heat, no home phone and cell couldn't be charged so we were pretty isolated.Our son was dealing with the storm too 3hrs north and our daughter lives in CO. Worst of all, Mike slept without cpap or 02 for 3 nights. We were told power would not be restored until the weekend so I ordered a battery backup from cpapdotcom yesterday at 4PM, overnight shipping, arrived today before noon, my Dr allowed me to bring it into his office to charge, brought it home at 7PM when office closed so it wasn't fully charged but we'd get about 5hrs...we got our power back at 7:30PM!! Mike doesn't seem to worse for wear and I'm a bit exhausted but just minimal damage for us but complete devastation all around this area. Hard to believe unless you see it for yourself! Amazing outpouring from friends and strangers alike, I'm so proud to be an American! It's good to be warm tonight. Going to have a hot cup of tea, hook Mike up to his "beloved girlfriend" and hopefully finally sleep well tonight. I can't praise cpapdotcom enough for their wonderful customer service, Chris gave me an education in battery backups,explained exactly how to set it up,etc, and promised delivery overnight. Bless you all for your care and concern! I hope everyone else who was in the path of the hurricane is safe tonight. I'll try to catch up with the posts tomorrow. Good night!

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

greatunclebill

Post by greatunclebill » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:35 pm

so glad you made it ok. we rode out katrina 6 miles from the gulf of mexico in a mobile home. it gives a new meaning to rock-n-roll.

please don't ask me to try nasal. i'm a full face person.
the avatar is Rocco, my Lhasa Apso. Number one "Bama fan. 18 championships and counting.
Life member VFW Post 4328 Alabama
MSgt USAF (E-7) medic Retired 1968-1990

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:55 pm

Glad to hear you and Mike are OK DoriC!

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:06 pm

Somehow I knew you had to be in good hands.
I am convinced that angels, in turn, have their own angels.

emeraude

Post by emeraude » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:11 pm

Welcome back! I'm very happy to hear you and Mike got through it okay. The pictures of the devastated areas look shocking...stay safe.

ems

Post by ems » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:16 pm

Dori... I was so happy to log on and see your post! I hope you and Mike have a restful night... you both deserve it!
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:01 pm

Thank you for coming back in the midst of all that's going on there... you're family and we worried!