Free software for CPAP?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jacoby75

Free software for CPAP?

Post by jacoby75 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:10 pm

Hey all,

Is there any sort of free or open-source software out there for interpreting CPAP data? Something similar to Encore or Sleepyhead? We don't have insurance . . . or money . . . and all of this CPAP stuff has been out-of-pocket. Just curious.

I use a Respironics System One 60 Auto.

Thanks

Pugsy

Re: Free software for CPAP?

Post by Pugsy » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:13 pm

I sent you a PM about using EncoreBasic. It will work with your machine.

For and explanation of what is shown on the reports I found this (thanks to DeltaDave). While it pertains to the ASV machine the basics are the same and might help with general overall understanding of what you see.
http://www.healthcare.philips.com/pwc_h ... _Guide.pdf

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

jacoby75

Post by jacoby75 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:28 pm

Forgive me if this is a stupid question. I haven't had the chance to read the help yet. I quickly installed it, and now I have to leave for work. But I stuck the Phillips SD card into my computer's SD slot, and nothing happened. It didn't recognize it. I opened the program, and there appears to be no access to the card. Do I need a special card reader for it?

Thanks

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:01 pm

Are you sure that the SD slot is working properly?
Using the MyComputer feature or whatever your computer has...navigate to the drive letter that the SD card is sitting in and see if you can see the SD card.
When using EncoreBasic be sure to use the "download from device" prompt and not the export feature.
Be sure to put a check mark in "the card is to be returned to the patient" to prevent accidental erasure of the data.. though it isn't the end of the world if that happens because the machine actually stores enough data on the machine to prove compliance and give you most of the graphs back.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

jacoby75

Post by jacoby75 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:06 am

Well, that's an intriguing problem. My SD drive doesn't show up under the "My Computer" section when I pull it up and stick the card in. I tried the micro/SD card from my camera too, and that didn't come up either. Maybe the drive went caput. That sucks.

JohnBFisher

Post by JohnBFisher » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:21 am

Unless there is an SD card that your SD card reader can read, it will not show up under My Computer. I suspect the problem is that the SD card reader in your computer can only accept the original SD card format (upto 2GB in size). The SD cards in these devices are SDHC cards (SD High Capacity). Typically they are 4GB in size.

The good news is that a good SD card reader is quite inexpensive:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Camera-Memo ... cat0404007
http://www.walmart.com/browse/accessori ... tId=132913
http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory ... rd-Readers

You want a card reader that can handle SDHC format.

Hope that helps.

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams." from Zdzisław Beksiński

Still tired

Post by Still tired » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:28 am

Pugsy, could you send me the same software ? I've got the same 60 series machine & of course there's nothing out there that works. When i called Respironics they said to get ahold of your of your medical equipment supplier & they would call Resp. for price & delivery. Supplier says that Respironics does not want to get into the business of providing software to the patients, sort of a "little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing" issue. So it looks like the machines of the future will not have data access just like the 60's. Currently, I'm having a tech at the supplier download data from the SD card, print out the data & mail it to me. He says no problem but I don't get current data that way. Could you send via email, PM is an unknown universe to me. Thanks.

Yes, I am Still Tired

I'm sorry if I ask too many questions Doctor, but I hope you understand that breathing while sleeping is very important to me. I'd prefer not to be like the man who drowned while crossing a river with an average depth of 6 inches.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:33 am

Still tired wrote:Could you send via email, PM is an unknown universe to me. Thanks.
I would but I have no idea what your private email address is
Instead I did send you a PM Private Message...go up to the upper left corner of this page and right next to the user account control link is where you will find your private messages...click on it and you will find your inbox and there should be my message there. PM is just the forum email system within the forum.

Still tired

Post by Still tired » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:36 am

Thank you ! Thank you ! Thank you ! All set up. I should get my card back from the tech on Monday & will reply w/ results of EB use w/ my card.

Yes I am Still Tired

I'm sorry if I ask too many questions Doctor, but I hope you understand that breathing while sleeping is very important to me. I'd prefer not to be like the man who drowned while crossing a river with an average depth of 6 inches.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:22 am

Still tired wrote:Thank you ! Thank you ! Thank you ! All set up. I should get my card back from the tech on Monday & will reply w/ results of EB use w/ my card.
Don't go thanking me so soon.
Your profile shows the PR S1 Plus CPAP..doesn't gather any useful data beyond hours of use.
So check the bottom of the machine for the model number...let's hope you have just chosen the wrong machine in your profile.

The PR S1 Plus CPAP with CFlex that you have chosen in your profile is model #250.. it might have DS or Ref in front of it and followed by a letter...but the main part is a 3 digit number.
250 or 260 (60 series machine) don't gather anything other than hours of use.

For full data you need at least model number 450 or above.

If you have a blank SD card laying around you don't have to wait for the return of your SD card.
The machines stores enough data on the internal memory that you only miss wave flow IF your machine is a full data machine.
Sorry I didn't catch what you were showing in your profile...did I just miss it or did you just add it?
Anyway, you can use any generic SD card. Put it in the machine watch it till it does its thing...doesn't take but a couple of minutes and then remove it and try the software.

If you do indeed have a 250 model we call them "bricks"...good as a paper weight..
you might want to read this which was composed by one of our forum members. Be sure to read all the way down to the bottom of the blog. Depending on how long you have had your machine you may be able to get a full data machine if yours is indeed a 250 model.
http://maskarrayed.wordpress.com/

Still tired

Post by Still tired » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:49 am

Pugsy; You are right the profile is incorrect. I have a 560P & shall update profile now.

Yes, I am Still Tired

eaglett1111

Post by eaglett1111 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:59 pm

I use the EncoreBasic too. the only way I could download the data was to check the box that says something like "this needs to be returned to the original user."

Then another thing. I thought there was only one page of data, but you have to check on the arrows to see additional pages of data (on the top of the screen).

You would think they would make it easier, but it's all a matter of learning the tricks!

poseidon77

Post by poseidon77 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:58 am

Hi,

I am new on CPAP and I have been using "Lowenstein - Prisma Smart" model for around a week. I would like to see my first week's result and downloaded Sleepy Head but it did not work. It crashed when I download smartcard data. I think it does not support my CPAP machine.

do you have any other suggestion for a free software? I've checked google and could not find a working link.

thanks in advance...