using alot of water!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bono1

using alot of water!!

Post by bono1 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:22 pm

hi, it seems lately i am filling up pretty much everyday because my water level is low by morning.if i dont fill up the next night it will run out. i also replaced my climate line hose and got a new swift fx mask. i was having the same problem prior to replacement. does anyone have the same issue? i have had my s9 since aug 2010. and recently i seem to be using alot more water. any ideas?

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: using alot of water!!

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:58 pm

Do you know what the humidity is in your house?
If you just turned on the A.C., that could make your house air a lot drier.
My sweetie likes to shut off the A.C., so the humidity moves up and down;
(no griping unless I can't sleep--I'm cheap, too.)--and my water use corresponds inversely.
A cheap little hygrometer gives me an idea how much I'll need.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:17 pm

Amount of water used depends on machine settings AND the relative ambient humidity in the room.
Room humidity can and will vary and thus impact water usage. I have always had to fill the tank daily...I use almost all the water each night. Partly due to my preference for high amount of added moisture and partly due to ambient room humidity.
With air conditioning being in use I use more water.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:22 pm

bono1 wrote:hi, it seems lately i am filling up pretty much everyday because my water level is low by morning. if i dont fill up the next night it will run out. i also replaced my climate line hose and got a new swift fx mask. i was having the same problem prior to replacement. does anyone have the same issue? i have had my s9 since aug 2010. and recently i seem to be using alot more water. any ideas?
You didn't say what humidifier (or pressure) setting(s) you're using.
Since your profile shows a nasal mask, I'd put odds on the probability that your mouth is falling open during the night and the moisture (along with your therapy air) is blowing out your mouth.