Breeze mask leaking - second one in 6 months - help!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Atheria

Breeze mask leaking - second one in 6 months - help!

Post by Atheria » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:43 pm

Hi all, I am on my second Breeze mask in 6 months and it's starting to leak badly around the seal - right below the nasal pillows. Has anyone had this problem? The manufacturer stated that I "must have stepped on it" - UGH! It stays on my nightstand when not in use and no one else lives with me until the end of the month when I am getting married (YEAH!)

Talk about frustrating... I have a single back-up mask but it doesn't seem to work very well for the GoodKnight apap WHICH I am NOT as happy with as I was with my Autoset Spirit. (anyone wanna trade? lol!)

Ok, I will sit back and HOPE someone can figure out what the heck is wrong with two masks in a row that everyone else seems to have no issues with (?)

Thanks!
~atheria

tomjax

breeze

Post by tomjax » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:48 pm

I had a leak into my eye that I though twas a pillow problem.

I took a hard look and found it was leaking at the seam- it is actually a 2 part that kinda snaps together.

I took some pvc cement- the kind you use to repair lawn sprinkler pipes and very carefully put some in the sean with a piece of wood- maybe a toothpick and then held it together tight- worked like a charm.

David

Post by David » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:52 pm

Hi

I too had the same problem after 3 months. My solution was to seal the seam with a "crazy glue" type product...one that instantly bonds. That was 9 months ago and everything is still working perfectly. Be sure to let the glue dry completely before using to avoid breathing fumes.
Good Luck.