Resmed Series 2 vs. Ultra Mirage Full Face Masks

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chdurie2

Resmed Series 2 vs. Ultra Mirage Full Face Masks

Post by chdurie2 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:05 pm

Hi all--

I'm new here and was wondering whether the Ultra Mirage full face mask is better than the Series 2, and if so, how much better and why. From the description, it just looks like the forehead has pads.

My story is that I got cpap equipment in 2001 and wasn't a great complier. i stopped after a short while. lately i've been thinking i need to get back to it cuz i sleep forever and am tired all the time. anyway, last week i pulled out the collection and started trying. the series 2 full-face mask worked the best, and i was amazed at the sleep quality i got.

someone here said the ultra mirage was better than the series 2 so i was wondering about specifics and what the rest of you think who do full-face.
right now i am too busy to go through the nonsense required to hook up with a dme, so i was wondering if you guys thought the ultra mirage was so much better that i should buy it myself. my series 2 has not been used much.

i am a small woman with a deviated septum who mouth breathes a lot. my apnea is mild but my snoring is not. my cpap level is 8. most of the nasal masks i recently tried ended up on the pillow beside me in the morning. (i sleep alone.)

also. i also recently bought an activa on ebay, based on the reports on this board. i used it last night. i kept it on but felt awful in the morning after many hours of sleep. i'm pretty disappointed, but i may have pulled it too tight. so now i'm telling myself to be consoled to the full-face mask use. do you guys think i should try longer with the activa?

thanks for any advice.

sleepyred

Activa

Post by sleepyred » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:05 am

The activa really needs to fit snug on your forehead (not too tight!) and the part which you can adjust around your face needs to be "ridiculously loose" as I have been told. It really works! You can also adjust the nose piece to position the mask on your nose exactly how you'd like it. Make sure your face is clean with a mild soap, put your mask on while standing and looking in the mirror, make adjustments, get into bed, turn in on, make sure the "octopus of a mask seals", get into your sleeping position, make any minor adjustments you need and that should do it!

I use a breeze now, but love my activa - just have facial breakouts (like now!) and had to have something off my face.

Miss Sandman

Loose is bettter

Post by Miss Sandman » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:11 am

I use some pillow style masks, but have the new FF also.

When I am stuffy nosed I find it works great. It is certainly easy to get on and off with the quick release tabs.

Wearing it loose is the key. Lie down relax, and then put it on. When the air fills the face chamber it will tighten to your face. I find any leaking near the eyes is not good. Also it and you must be clean.
Other than that, my small face/nose/mouth appreciates the freedom inside.
Sandi

"To sleep, perhaps to dream......"