Question on Sleepyhead

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
woodenbuick

Question on Sleepyhead

Post by woodenbuick » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:13 pm

I am a new user here that has been diagnosed with severe sleep apnea. (AHI > 100). I have been reading and researching this diagnosis as this is the way I work. I need to know about things and understand them.
I went through the study and now have a Resperonics System 1 S750 with humidifier and a Swift FX mask. I determined early on that this was a data capable machine so I downloaded Sleepyhead on my Mac so I can understand how I sleep and how I might improve it.

So my question at the moment that I can't find an answer for is what the User Flag event is ? I saw 9 events last night and am wondering what they are. It seems every time my breathing goes real shallow and the machine sends a pulse and my breathing goes back to normal.

Thanks for any information on this and I am grateful for the information on this board.

Bill

harry33

Re: Question on Sleepyhead

Post by harry33 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:22 pm

google the make and model of your CPAP with "clinical manual" added

many of these manuals are posted on the internet and you can download them for free and perhaps print them out to read
australian,anxiety and insomnia, a CPAP user since 1995, self diagnosed after years of fatigue, 2 cheap CPAPs and respironics comfortgell nose only mask. not one of my many doctors ever asked me if I snored

tetragon

Re: Question on Sleepyhead

Post by tetragon » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:31 pm

User Flag 1 is one of jedimark's experiments. You can ignore those events.