Lightheaded

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Tokyoite

Lightheaded

Post by Tokyoite » Wed May 25, 2011 8:37 am

Lately I've been feeling lightheaded during the day. Often I feel worse when I wake up than I do in the afternoon/evening.

I just talked to someone at CPAP.com about this. She asked if I've been having any sinus problems lately, and if I wake up with a very dry mouth. Yes to both. She suggested that I may be opening my mouth, so all the air is going out that way rather than into my lungs. So I don't get enough oxygen and wake up lightheaded. She suggested getting a full-face mask.

This all makes a lot of sense. Has anyone else had this?

Other symptoms I've had have included feeling faint after exercise, and feeling periodically hot, especially in the morning -- kind of a cold sweat feeling.

LSAT

Re: Lightheaded

Post by LSAT » Wed May 25, 2011 9:00 am

These symptoms should not be ignored. There are many things that could cause them including low blood pressure. SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!!!

OutaSync

Re: Lightheaded

Post by OutaSync » Wed May 25, 2011 9:25 am

Have you had your blood sugar tested lately? I agree with LSAT. Those symptoms could be several things. Please make an appointment to see your doctor.

Sleep Study Titrated to 19 cm H2O
Rotating between Activa and Softgel
11/2/07 RemStar M Series Auto with AFlex 14-17
10/17/08 BiPAP Auto SV 13/13-23, BPM Auto, AHI avg <1