Quattro Fx Defect?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DNAClone

Quattro Fx Defect?

Post by DNAClone » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:45 pm

Hi,
I recently decided to start using the CPAP again even though I lost 55 pounds and was hoping I no longer needed it.
Oh well, the pressure requirement decreased a bit but the OSA is still present.
Since I am a mouth breather and was successfully taping my mouth, I was OK using an F & P Zest nasal mask. An ENT and sleep doc both thought it was a risky idea and suggested a full face. My DME highly recommended the QAuattro Fx. After 1 week, it seems to work quite well with one exception, the swivel hinge squeaks quite loudly. My DME said this issue has occurred quited often and was a possible defect. I called Res Med and theys tated that they had no cpmplaints. Ha anyone has this squeaking problem and how do you deal with it?
It seems to be a great mask otherewise. Thanks.

mayondair

Re: Quattro Fx Defect?

Post by mayondair » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:29 pm

There has been some discussion of this, a few solutions were small amount of veg oil on the swivel, or a small amount of silicone drops, AKA Frizzease hair smoother. That squeak drove me crazy and I only use the quarto FX as a backup. kathy
Any landing you walk away from is a good one; if you don't break your airplane it's excellent.

jdm2857

Post by jdm2857 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:08 pm

I have had success with the swivel on my Swift FX (it wouldn't turn smoothly) with a single drop of mineral oil. It gets drawn in between the swivel's parts by capillary action. It won't hurt the hard plastic of the swivel, and I carefully wiped off any excess so that the oil would not contact any silicone parts. One advantage to mineral oil is that it won't turn rancid like vegetable oil will.
jeff

Ms.Snuffleupagus

Post by Ms.Snuffleupagus » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:18 pm

I've used a little dab of lansolin gel on my old style Quattro, worked really well.

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:01 pm

KY Liquid.
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly

Megan

Post by Megan » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:53 am

I purchased a new Quattro FX after trialling it for a few weeks. The first night drove me mad with the squeak! I took the mask into the shower with me and washed it with a bit of hair shampoo - worked a treat, no more squeaks!