Bad hair day!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
matheson

Bad hair day!!

Post by matheson » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:41 pm

For us older ladies that fix our hair the day before going out, how in the world do you wear your CPAP the night before without messing up your hair? Does anyone have any suggestions on this topic?

Lizistired

Re: Bad hair day!!

Post by Lizistired » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:51 pm

Good Luck! When I was fitted, my hair was really really short, the fx was great and stayed in place. As my hair has grown out I have gotten more leaks and that morning fright!

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:36 pm

Gone

Last edited by JDS74 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.

LinkC

Post by LinkC » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:20 pm

I asked myself "Would I rather sleep well, breathe regularly and live longer.....or have perfect hair."

It wasn't a very hard question, actually.

Unlike his passengers who died screaming as the car went over the cliff...

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:05 pm

I think it's a valid question and it sounds like the OP is not asking "Should I choose my hair or my CPAP?" but rather "Does anyone have any techniques for how to keep the hair looking good and still use CPAP?" Just because someone uses CPAP doesn't mean they want to forgo aesthetics. I end up washing my hair daily (not that I want to, but it's too flat without CPAP, let alone with), so for me the issue is that I'm about to start a new skin care regimen and I don't know how well that's going to work with the mask.
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:37 pm

A lot of older ladies get their hair done on Friday or Saturday of every week so that it will look nice for church on Sunday. Typically involves a good amount of hair spray. Not sure if this is the OP situation but if there is much hair spray involved in the "do" those mask straps are going to have a real good time with it. Wonder if a hair net would help??? Might let the straps slide around though. Might be worth a try though. Maybe a hair net similar to what nurses wear in the OR. Full enough to not squish the hair down but keep the straps from creating such a mess.

Just a thought. Only one I could come up with. I wear my hair very short and typically have to wash it each day because all my short hairs end up going in entirely different direction when I get up.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

DocWeezy

Post by DocWeezy » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:59 am

Wish I could help, but I'm one who has bad hair days every day so I keep my hair short and wash it every morning. My mask straps only added to the morning mess....I'm definitely a vision of loveliness when I awake...

I can't think of anything that would help protect a hairdo from being crushed and messed with mask headgear; HOWEVER, a friend of mine uses a Nasal Aire II prong-style mask, and she doesn't even need to use the optional headgear with it. Maybe check that one out and see if it helps?

Weezy

karl9000

Post by karl9000 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:08 pm

Ah, CPAP hair! I really love it!

I'm a guy, and I can't stand it. I got so frustrated, I went to a 3/8" "buzz" cut which takes almost weekly touchups (my wife is a former barber so I get it for free). I still have areas on my head where you can see the hair growing in different directions from the mask straps. I'm considering going even shorter. What's sort of funny is that my mom cut my hair that short when I was a kid and I hated it. Now that I'm 57 and no longer interested in looking cool...

Not really an option for most women. You have my sympathy.