Software for PR System One REMstar?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
kalatraza

Software for PR System One REMstar?

Post by kalatraza » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:21 pm

How do I get the software for the "PR System One REMstar Auto CPAP Machine with A-Flex"? My doctor doesn't offer up any specifics. Wouldn't be a big deal but I am not sleeping well or through the night and think that waiting 3 months to see if I'm doing better before changing the pressure is just not a great plan. . . . I hate being in the dark!

Thanks!
K

Pugsy

Re: Software for PR System One REMstar?

Post by Pugsy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:27 pm

Which operating system is on your computer? Is it 32 bit or 64 bit? The people who can help with your request will need to know, so that is why I ask now.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:29 pm

Online suppliers like our host sell Encore Viewer software for about $100. Well worth the cost to have some control of your own therapy. It IS ridiculous to wait 3 months if something is NOT working for you.

The software isn't Mac compatible, so you need to run a virtual PC if you have a Mac, and there are problems with System 7 on PC's. Ask for workarounds if that will be an issue for you.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

kalatraza

Post by kalatraza » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:34 pm

I think my (pc) computer is 64-bit but there is a 32-bit mode. (Not sure exactly how that works but will figure it out.) I need the software that would let me change the pressure on the machine. They reset the pressure once by loading something on to the datacard and now I can change the machine pressure and run it with the new pressure -- but only if the card is out of the machine. So then I don't capture any data. . . .

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:43 pm

EncoreViewer does not offer the provision to change pressure. It is available for user purchase.

EncorePro is what the professionals use to change pressure via the card. Not sold to the user.

Are you saying that you know how to change the pressure manually but when you want to use the data card it changes it back to what the pros set it at? Wonder if you could just get a new data card??? What changes were made that you want to alter?

EncorePro can be problematic but many of us have it. Available through "friends".

If you don't know how to change your pressure manually then please clarify and you can be pointed in the right direction.

Are you past the time that the provider is going to need to see the compliance data on the card for whatever reason? If not, using a new data card or changing the pressure might create waves.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

sydneybird

Post by sydneybird » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:19 pm

You don't need the software to change the pressure, but you need the software in order to know if you should change the pressure (well, I guess you could base your need to change settings on data recorded by a pulse oximeter but it would be much better looking at the machine data). I'm talking about fine tuning here where your AHI is already well below a 5. If not, I would not wait 3 months before going back to the doctor; you might need a different machine. I would hope that your machine is controlling your therapy so that your AHI is nowhere near 5. The default settings 4-20 cm H2O got my AHI down to about 2, and fine tuning got it down to about 0.5; I had zero arousals last night.

Encore Viewer will let you see your data, but not let you change the pressure. Encore Pro lets you change the settings and may provide more detailed data like pressure waveforms for each breath (not sure if Viewer provides waveforms); I have Pro.

To change doctor only settings, for PR System One Auto APAP with version 1.24 firmware, maybe others as well (to check your version, pull the plug and plug back in, it will show up on the LCD screen):

access the Provider Mode by turning wheel to Setup and press control wheel and ramp button at same time for about 5 seconds until double beep.
while in Provider Mode turn wheel to Setup and press to select,
scroll to desired menu item and press to select,
turn wheel to select desired value and press to select,
turn wheel to Back and press to select, and
turn wheel to Exit and press to exit Provider Mode.

If you do this with the card in the machine it will overwrite the settings on the card. I suspect that if you put the card in after making the changes, the card settings will change the machines settings (card has first priority). So, put the card in the machine before changing settings. Your doctor will probably be confused as to why your setting are changed without him doing it. You need to be upfront with him that you had changed the settings as he is going to find out when he downloads your data at your next visit.

I have only changed my minimum pressure. I started with the default 4 cm H2O minimum, found my 90% level, changed the minimum pressure to that 90% level (some docs set the machine 1 or 2 under the 90% level), then over a period of weeks upped the pressure by 0.5 cm H2O until I could see that my data was getting worse after it got better. So, now I know that my sweet spot is between 8 and 11 cm H2O for the minimum pressure. I'm at 10 cm H2O minimum pressure now. I left the max at 20, but the machine has never raised my pressure beyond 14. For me, the 90% level inches up with each increment of increasing pressure, so I only used the 90% level that I got at 4 cm H2O as a starting point.

The above assumes that you are running the machine in APAP mode and not CPAP mode.

jbn3boys

Post by jbn3boys » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:56 pm

If you are still fairly new to cpap, I would suggest calling your doctor and letting him know that you are not doing well, and are not willing to wait the three months. That would be my first suggestion.

I bought my software through our host (cpap.com) for $99. It is very much worth the money. I check my data every day.

But, like I said, I would suggest working with the doctor first and foremost. I didn't, and it has cost me months of feeling terrible. If I would have worked with the doctor first, I might be a lot farther on the road to recovery that I am now (by trying to do it myself).

aPAP for 4 months, Switched to BiPap, 2nd sleep study Feb 2011 Possible PLMD
to quote Madalot..."I'm an enigma"

robysue

Post by robysue » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:24 pm

Janknitz wrote:Online suppliers like our host sell Encore Viewer software for about $100. Well worth the cost to have some control of your own therapy. It IS ridiculous to wait 3 months if something is NOT working for you.

The software isn't Mac compatible, so you need to run a virtual PC if you have a Mac, and there are problems with System 7 on PC's. Ask for workarounds if that will be an issue for you.
The problem is not with System 7 on a PC. The problem is with 64-bit computers. Works fine on 32-bit computers running System 7.

kalatraza

Post by kalatraza » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:54 pm

Thanks, everyone. I have been working with my doctor and he is aware that I am having difficulties--I started having trouble when I was switched from the auto to the cpap modes. It's not that I want to sneak around, it's just that I want to know things like my AHI and it seems that many patients benefit from being able to make small adjustments. I can't afford the viewer software right now but when I can it sounds like that will help me at least understand how this works.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:01 pm

kalatraza wrote: it's just that I want to know things like my AHI and it seems that many patients benefit from being able to make small adjustments.
Some information is available on the screen on your machine. Are you able to see it? If not that feature can be turned on.
Check here for directions. If this doesn't help, let us know and someone can try to clarify. Pressure changes are also made in the clinician's setup. See if this helps.

http://www.apneaboard.com/manuals88/Res ... P_Auto.htm

dave01978

Post by dave01978 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:23 pm

sent a pm with clinician book

ChristianC

Post by ChristianC » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:02 pm

sydneybird wrote: ...If you do this with the card in the machine it will overwrite the settings on the card. I suspect that if you put the card in after making the changes, the card settings will change the machines settings (card has first priority). So, put the card in the machine before changing settings.
My experience with attempting to adjust the pressure with the card in the machine results in an error message and a loud buzz.
As for inserting the card after making the adjustment on the machine, you are correct that the updated settings will not be propagated to the card.

I have been "playing" with the above for quite a while now and haven't found a solution yet. Someone suggested [1] adjusting the setting on the machine with no SD card then [2] inserting a blank SD card in the hope the new settings and history would be downloaded to the card. I am afraid to try that as I am not sure what to expect.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:45 am

My experience with attempting to adjust the pressure with the card in the machine results in an error message and a loud buzz.
This is a first, we've never of heard this before!

Anything unusual about your setup? Do you, by any chance, have a modem on your machine????
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

builta

Post by builta » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:10 pm

ChristianC wrote:
sydneybird wrote: ...If you do this with the card in the machine it will overwrite the settings on the card. I suspect that if you put the card in after making the changes, the card settings will change the machines settings (card has first priority). So, put the card in the machine before changing settings.
As for inserting the card after making the adjustment on the machine, you are correct that the updated settings will not be propagated to the card.

I have been "playing" with the above for quite a while now and haven't found a solution yet. Someone suggested [1] adjusting the setting on the machine with no SD card then [2] inserting a blank SD card in the hope the new settings and history would be downloaded to the card. I am afraid to try that as I am not sure what to expect.
Hi,

I believe that the issue is that a prescription has been sent to your SD Card from Encore Pro with the "erase the prescription after delivery" unchecked. This in essence locks your prescription to what is on the SD card. I just tried this my self and I get the same error.

So, I think that you have four choices: 1- get the prescription re-written to your SD card with the box checked to erase the prescription after it is delivered (to your XPAP) 2- get a new 2gb SD card and use it in the machine, 3 - erase and re-use your existing card or 4 - live with it.

If you get the prescription re-written to the card, I think that you will have to have the prescription actually changed in some way. That is if you have the same prescription saved to the card through Encore Pro (even with the "erase box" checked), then the "prescription Lock" will remain active. If you change something in the prescription and then save it to the SD Card (with the "erase" box Checked) you will have suceeded in getting the lock removed and you can then update your settings with the card inserted.

Cheers

ChristianC

Post by ChristianC » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:06 am

Thanks for the info about the lock, something I wasn't aware of, but that makes a lot of sense. Since I am not scheduled to see my physician any time soon, I may attempt your suggestion of a blank SD card. Thanks again.