How often do you check your efficacy data?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

My xpap provides compliance data only.
3%
I've used xpap less than 18 months; I check my efficacy data daily
50%
I've used xpap less than 18 months; I check my efficacy data weekly
13%
I've used xpap less than 18 months; I check my efficacy data monthly
1%
I've used xpap less than 18 months; I check my efficacy data less than monthly
1%
I've used xpap more than 18 months; I check my efficacy data daily
13%
I've used xpap more than 18 months; I check my efficacy data weekly
6%
I've used xpap more than 18 months; I check my efficacy data monthly
4%
I've used xpap more than 18 months; I check my efficacy data less than monthly
6%
I've used xpap more than 18 months; I check my efficacy data annually or less
1%

Total votes: 141

Hose_Head

Post by Hose_Head » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:26 pm

YAP (yet another poll).

Members of this board overwhelmingly support the use of xpaps that provide full compliance data. However, it is my suspicion that once we have fully adjusted to the therapy - say after about 18 months of therapy, many of us look at the efficacy data a lot less frequently. This poll is intended to examine the frequency that we look at our data as a function of how long we have been on xpap.

NOTE: for the purposes of this poll,
- full data access means ability to access your daily or average AHI data
- it does not matter whether you use software, lcd display or the internet to access your data.
- pick the option that best describes how often you check your data at this time (not how frequently you checked it in the past).
I'm workin' on it.

HoseCrusher

Re: How often do you check your efficacy data?

Post by HoseCrusher » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:42 pm

I play this little game in the morning when I wake up.

First of all I thank God that I have been given the privilege to have another day to try to do something, and I hope my efforts will be better rather than worse.

Next, I assess how I feel and how rested I feel.

Finally, I consult the machine to see how rested it thinks I should be.

My sleep study scored AHI was 29.9 without xPAP. With xPAP the machine scored AHI has always been lower than that, so things are good.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:45 pm

Hi, I put weekly, but that's not really right.. sometimes I'll go for weeks without it, other times (especially if I don't feel as great) daily, so it's not that specific, just an average. It's been really good lately for a while though, and I've gotten used to the new machine, so I'll probably end up doing it less and less.

SleepyT

Post by SleepyT » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:08 pm

20 months....and still checking data....every day!

"Knowledge is power."

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:10 pm

Daily for over 2 years. I made a resolution that beginning this year I would only check weekly but it hasn't happened yet! It's become part of my morning routine. Because I'm the caregiver for my husband's therapy and don't get much input from him I need the information from the data. Of course by now I can really tell by the way he feels during the day. I guess there are worse addictions!

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

sister

Post by sister » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:29 pm

I just have to check my data every morning! I look forward to it pretty soon after I get up.I usually go and turn the coffee pot on and then go back and make my bed,check my data and write it down,everyday.

Now that my husband is starting on c-pap too,I keep a record for him also.
So I guess I'm addicted too!
Have a good night.

JayC

Post by JayC » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:39 pm

Check data onscreen every morning, usually within 20 min of turning machine off. (Sometimes I wait too long and miss it (like this morning!!)

Capture data on card periodically, especially when my leak or event numbers are higher and I don't have obvious other issues affecting sleep that I am aware of. So at average, do a download off 2 cards once or twice a month.

If I have other factors affecting, I try to just focus on sleep and not obsess about the details unless the ahi is trending higher....

J

DreamOn

Post by DreamOn » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:42 pm

I've been using CPAP for 15 months, and I have kept track of the results data daily since Day 1. I've been telling myself that it's okay to check less often, but so far that hasn't worked. I've always had an odd fascination with numbers, among other things.

Hose_Head

Post by Hose_Head » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:13 pm

Wow. This group is more obsessed about checking data than I would have thought. 39 votes to this point and fully 76% check their data daily, and another 9% check it weekly. As I expected, everyone else (just 15%) check their data "less than monthly", with the majority of these being long-time users.
I'm workin' on it.

Ms.Snuffleupagus

Post by Ms.Snuffleupagus » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:24 pm

I also check my data daily on the lcd screen of my apap. It's the first thing I do when I wake up. I reach over and check my data, then remove my mask and then get up.
My travel machine does not have efficacy data and I really must admit to missing this ritual when I travel. It has been many months though, since I checked my data using ResScan. As long as my AHI remains low and I don't need to fine tune my machine settings, I figure why bother?

sleepyb

Post by sleepyb » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:03 pm

I put weekly but it's more like twice a week. Found that the numbers vary daily some days my AHI is .5 some 2.5 and no difference that I can see. Also, checking it daily was making me want to fiddle with it more. A couple times a week still shows me if there are problems arising like increasing leaks and satisfies my curiosity.

Bookbear

Post by Bookbear » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:51 pm

I guess I am obsessive, but since my sleep doc doesn't have ( and makes no effort to get) the software or reader to access the detailed data available from the machine he prescribed me, I have (for the past 5+ years) recorded the info off the lcd screen: pressure, leak rate, AHI, AI, HI, and hours used. I keep it in a spread sheet, and take the printouts to my appointments.

bdp522

Post by bdp522 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:15 am

I used to check it daily, then weekly, then monthly. Now I check it when I don't feel right. I use my apap in cpap mode, but change to auto every so often(for a week) just to see how I'm doing. When in auto I check it daily.I also check the data more frequently when I change something, like a new mask. If I was to notice any problems when I do check the data(hasn't happened yet) I would start checking daily again until the problem was fixed.

Brenda

jazzer4

Post by jazzer4 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:51 am

I've been" using" for 14 months.

I used to check daily and put it on a spread sheet but for the last few months it's been weekly.
But I do check this forum two times a day.

Good Better Best, Never Let It Rest
Until The Good Is Better And The Better Is Best

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:52 am

bdp522 wrote:I used to check it daily, then weekly, then monthly. Now I check it when I don't feel right. I use my apap in cpap mode, but change to auto every so often(for a week) just to see how I'm doing. When in auto I check it daily.I also check the data more frequently when I change something, like a new mask. If I was to notice any problems when I do check the data(hasn't happened yet) I would start checking daily again until the problem was fixed.

Brenda
Brenda,Yes, that was my New Year resolution! Can you teach me how to do that??

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08