Resmed Delivers

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
spitintheocean

Resmed Delivers

Post by spitintheocean » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:55 pm

Well I just got home from my DME after barely surviving a miserable week-end when my S8 Autoset started acting up. After nearly two years of flawless performance from the S8, it just shut down with the "check hose" warning. After much finangling on Saturday, I finally got it to work in CPAP mode but set no higher than 15 or it would shut down after twenty minutes. Any attempt to run in APAP mode only lasted for three minutes.

This incident taught me that I must acquire a back-up unit because I am now completely dependant upon cpap therapy for any kind of sleep since the alternative is unbearable. I'd swear that I have less capacity to sleep without assistance after receiving the therapy for two years than I ever had before treatment began.

This afternoon, the DME called Resmed and were told to provide me with a new S9, that is now sitting on my kitchen counter. I'll be the first to agree that the parts and operation seem much cheaper than the S8 and I can only hope that the delivered therapy will be as good as that which I have already been receiving. Accolades to Resmed for immediately stepping up to the plate with a replacement without putting me through the kind of hoops that Amazon seems determined to do with my brand new defective Kindle.

Last edited by spitintheocean on Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is something to do when you can't get to sleep.
Fran Lebowitz

msradar65

Re: Resmed Delivers

Post by msradar65 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:25 pm

Sorry to hear you had troubles. But glad to see your DME took care of you and provided you with a new machine. I hope the S9 meets to your standards.
Diagnosed 08/31/10. Titration 9/02/10. Started CPAP 11/01/10. Auto mode 10-15cm. Alternate mask GoLife for her. Back up mask Full-life full face w/Pad-a-cheek mask liner. Comtec CMS F50 wrist pulse oximeter. Sobakawa Cloud Pillow, Sleepyhead software