CMS 50I?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jb_

CMS 50I?

Post by jb_ » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:26 pm

I am researching pulse oximeters so I can decide which one to get and I saw the CMS-50I at the Contec web site. I found it at Cooper Medical Supplies but sadly it is listed as "Coming Soon". It looks smaller than the CMS 50F and said that it will also record the Perfusion Index. The picture does not show the probe/sensor.
Does anyone know about this?

Thanks,
JB

Slinky

Re: CMS 50I?

Post by Slinky » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:52 pm

Why not contact ConTec Med and ask them??

Phone: 86-0335-8015561
Fax: 86-0335-8015590
Mobile: 13933916674

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

pulseoxstore

Post by pulseoxstore » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:47 pm

Hi JB,
I have been waiting for the all clear from Contec to order these oximeters. My rep keeps telling me that there are some glitches in the device that are giving them problems. She advised me not to order these until the updated version is available.
Kevin

jb_

Post by jb_ » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:56 pm

Kevin,
Thanks for the info. Definitely would want the "bugs" worked out. I'll watch to see when they are available.

Thanks,
JB

pulseoxstore

Post by pulseoxstore » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:44 pm

Hey everyone!!!
I just wanted to post an update that the CMS-50I oximeters are now available. They are pretty cool units and have been going quick. There is also a new handheld unit, the CMS-60F, that I just got too. It is the size of an IPOD and does everything. I ordered all that I could and have more on backorder. Thank everyone for your interest.
Kevin Cooper

jb_

Post by jb_ » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:02 pm

Kevin,
Thanks for the update. I'll check them out now.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:01 pm

What's the Perfusion Index??

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

pulseoxstore

Post by pulseoxstore » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:46 pm

The perfusion index just gives you a numeric readout that lets you know that the oximeter is getting good blood flow. The higher the number the better quality readout you are getting from the oximeter.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:06 am

Thank you.

grybeard77

Post by grybeard77 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:03 am

just ordered a CMS 50D and then saw Coopers post that the CMS50I is available, just checked Coopers web site and nothing there about the CMS50I being available much less any information about the unit itself. Come on Cooper, get it done....

pulseoxstore

Post by pulseoxstore » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:10 pm

It's on the wrist oximeters page (http://www.pulseoxstore.com/Wrist-Oximeters.html)

GumbyCT

Post by GumbyCT » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:38 pm

Anyone test drive a 50I yet? Feedback?

I have no doubt, how I sleep affects every waking moment.
I am making progress-NOW I remember that I can't remember
;)
If this isn’t rocket science why are there so many spaceshots?
Be your own healthcare advocate!

Patrick A

Post by Patrick A » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:09 pm

Interesting, does cpap.com have these?
Don't Bend or Squash, My Aluminum Hat,it keeps them from knowing what I am thinking!
I need more Coffee&Old Bushmills!
"Without Truckdrivers America Stops!"
I'm not always wrong,but I'm not always right!
"Semper Fi"

inkdesigner

Post by inkdesigner » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:13 am

GumbyCT wrote:Anyone test drive a 50I yet? Feedback?
I just got 1 a week or so ago, but really haven't had a chance to really use it for any length of time yet. In limited testing, it looks to be very accurate for pulse rate. It matches up well with my own measurements of my radial pulse as well as agreeing well with a program on my HTC Incredible phone that uses the camera and flash for pulse measurements. On the spO2 side, I still need to check. I am getting readings between 95% and 97%. It varies a bit depending on what finger I put it on. I haven't had a chance to compare it to the measurement of a hospital ER device yet. Since I work as an EMT, I will compare the next time I am in an ER.

I did use it for the first time all night last night and as soon as I look at the recording measurements I will report back. Keep in mind that I have nothing to compare to since I have never looked at my spO2 while sleeping before. Also, I just received an email late last night or early this am from the lovely folks at the Pulseoxstore letting me know some folks have had some issues with the newer software for the CMS 50I and that they had a copy in their downloads section for folks.

Inkdesigner

inkdesigner

Post by inkdesigner » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:58 am

I couldn't get any data off the device this morning. It is like it didn't record anything at all. Perhaps I just messed up when I tried to record or I still don't know what I am doing with the software. I will run more tests to see if I can get it working right.

Inkdesigner