Mmmm K...Now I'm so happy I'm annoying myself

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JaVelin

Mmmm K...Now I'm so happy I'm annoying myself

Post by JaVelin » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:39 pm

Alright. tonight will be a week I'm on this machine I just want to know if my experience is normal.. it started out ok but then I started getting a sinus thing which appears to be a lot better. I don't have the energy I think I should have still but at least I'm not as sleepy during the day. I am a lot happier, um it's hard to describe as I'm not usually the ray of sunshine I have been the last couple of days and I'll need a ready answer before someone at work asks if I've taken up cocaine. The thing I'm concerned about it this euphoric feeling which starts in the morning with not wanting to get out of bed. I feel rested and very comfortable but still want to stay in bed for more sleep. before Cpap I felt miserable and tired in the morning but at least wanted to get up and get moving... not so now. I am a lot better at work but still not there energy wise. Normally I would get 6 hours rack time and be up for work now it seems 8 hours isn't enough, or is but I just want more. should I be limiting my sleep? is my mask leaching some chemical thats keeping me in a high state or something? maybe too much ai .

PS this site is So busy!! so many posts is it always like this here?

jazzer4

Re: Mmmm K...Now I'm so happy I'm annoying myself

Post by jazzer4 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:51 pm

Yep...very busy place full of great people. You came to the right place.

Think of wanting to stay in bed as paying back your sleep debt.
It took me 8 months to catch up.
Good Luck to you...".sleep in" when you can.
Susan

Good Better Best, Never Let It Rest
Until The Good Is Better And The Better Is Best

kf10

Post by kf10 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:53 pm

That is how I felt in the first week or so, I even felt that even my brain was awake but my body isn't fully awake. It finally become 'normal' . Normal in a sense of having good sleeps throughout the nights. Waking up not tire.

elena88

Post by elena88 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:27 pm

oh yes, oxygen can be addicting!

all the cells in your body are doing a happy dance every night now, so its sort being a little hungover without the headache..

think of all the partying they are doing now with that O2!

Just takes time to adjust, but stay happy! just dont make sniffing noises around your co workers too much, or they will be suspicious!

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:05 am

I wake earlier than before, but I don't want to get out of bed because I feel SO GOOD! Calm and totally comfortable. It's like the best drug you never had

I've come to love weekends when I can lie there and savor it for a while, but I still get up way earlier on weekends than I have in many years because I'm rested and done sleeping. I used to sleep in on weekend mornings and feel like dog poop when I finally got up, BC. (Before CPAP).

I stay a little calmer and less stressed during the day, even though my job is just as stressful as it ever was, perhaps more.

Don't limit your sleep. 8 hours is normal and your body needs what it can get. If you were going 10 or 12 hours that would be different. I do notice that if I wake early and fall back to sleep in the morning I don't feel quite as good. I think there is an actual sleep pattern explanation for that--there's supposedly this iPhone app that supposedly wakes you in that perfect phase (it measures the movement of the bed to indicate when you enter that phase of wakefulness) and doesn't let you fall back to sleep.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

JaVelin

Post by JaVelin » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:42 pm

Yes thats the feeling! Like everything is perfect and you don't want to disturb anything. well i'll try and not have anything that needs done before I get 8 hours, Thats probably best for now

lbw

Post by lbw » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:05 pm

I agree with the other comments. I felt so much better and rested in the morning I just wanted to stay put. Just enjoy it.