My follow up Sleep Doc Appointment

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
kempo

My follow up Sleep Doc Appointment

Post by kempo » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:23 pm

I carried my SD card to to the sleep clinic which is located at the local hospital. It is a small hospital that is a branch of a much larger hospital. When I gave the lady the SD card she left the room and ask me to fill out a form while the doctor looked at my charts. When she returned she said they did not have the ResScan 3.11 software and they would have to mail off my SD card to the larger hospital to get it down loaded. I got on my cell phone and called my DME and ask if she could down load the information and fax it to the local hospital and she didn't have the software either.

I was asked if I would like to talk with Doctor anyway and I said yes. He came in the room and apologized for the screw up. I could tell he was aggravated about the branch hospital not having the ReScan 3.11 software. I told him I already knew what the charts looked like because I had down loaded every day on my lap top. I let him know I had changed the settings in auto from minimum pressure 8 maximum 10 to minimum 9 maximum 11 and the results dropped my AHI from 10.7 to below 5. I told him I would go home and get my laptop and he could take a look at it. He said no he was going to carry my SD card back to the main hospital and read my charts and he was going to make sure the branch hospital gets the software for my s9. Apparently I'm the only person in my small town that has an s9.

Any way I had a long talk with the Doc and told him most of my events were centrals apneas while using the s9. I've had very few obstructive apneas while using the s9. There were many obstructive apneas during my sleep study. He said sometimes using the cpap mode instead of the apap mode helps with centrals apneas. If I wanted to try capap mode go ahead and set it to a median pressure that I felt comfortable with but just don't go too high.

I am mad about them not having the software but I was happy with the sleep Doc's attitude about me down loading my data and adjusting my s9. I will have to use my s9 without an SD card until Monday.

Slinky

Re: My follow up Sleep Doc Appointment

Post by Slinky » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:54 pm

I'd buy an extra SD card. Its the same one used for many digital cameras. There's been at least one thread here that has had some discussion on the S9 SD cards but the original subject of the post wasn't necessarily about the SD card. Sorry I'm not more help.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:40 am

Your doctor sounds like a prize! Wish they all were so good about us actually being on top of things!

topdragster

Post by topdragster » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:51 am

I understand a generic 1 gig sd card will work for a back up if needed.

GumbyCT

Post by GumbyCT » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:01 am

snoresliketrain wrote:I am mad about them not having the software but I was happy with the sleep Doc's attitude about me down loading my data and adjusting my s9. I will have to use my s9 without an SD card until Monday.
You see post on here all the time with people asking "WHY Should I get the software?" This is just another reason WHY. This is your therapy people - that IS Why. Maybe that's not good enuff. Who knows.

After the VA told me it would take 2 weeks to print my data - I started bringing my charts with me to my appts. = problem solved.

About the card - I refused to let my 1st card go until I had a replacement, period. Get the DME or lab to supply one or you get one but always have a spare card. If you don't have other spares, it is time to get them. After all you will need another card to go in your spare machine, right?

You should have - Spare mask(s), hose(s), filter(s), humidifier chamber, and not least a spare machine.

ps - the doc does sound like a keeper

I have no doubt, how I sleep affects every waking moment.
I am making progress-NOW I remember that I can't remember
;)
If this isn’t rocket science why are there so many spaceshots?
Be your own healthcare advocate!

qq303884361

Post by qq303884361 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:18 pm

It sounds frustrating that your local hospital branch didn't have the necessary software for your s9 device. It's good to hear, though, that the sleep doctor was understanding and proactive about resolving the issue. Adjusting your device settings seems to have made a significant difference in your AHI scores, which is great. It's interesting that the CPAP mode might be more effective for central apneas – definitely something to consider experimenting with. I hope they sort out the software issue soon. By the way, I recently arranged for Senior home care for my grandfather through Devoted Home Care at devotedhc.com. They've been quite helpful in providing the care and assistance he needs.
Last edited by qq303884361 on Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.