New Swift FX

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sleeplessinaz

New Swift FX

Post by sleeplessinaz » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:10 pm

I keep reading so many great things about this mask--I broke down an ordered one today from Apria!!! Can not wait to get it --I hope those of you that have used one ---still really like it!! LOL!

Carrie

APAP setting is 6 to 12
HH 2.5
Side Sleeper
HypoThyroidism & Diabetes
New Airsense autoset 12/08/14

oscar98

Re: New Swift FX

Post by oscar98 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:17 pm

I absolutely love mine and as soon as my hubby saw it he went and got one too.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:26 pm

It is the best mask I have ever used. It is so much quieter then the other ones I have used.
Brad

cobra4x4

Post by cobra4x4 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:29 pm

Got mine last week and its the best one I've used to date.

Make sure to watch the setup instructions video to make sure you have it adjusted correctly the 1st time.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:52 pm

I have the LT and love it. The FX sounds even better. Nasal pillows take some getting used to, but they are so much better than masks in every way I can think of. And the design on the LT and FX is perfect--simple and it works.

Hope you have some great nights.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

sleeplessinaz

Post by sleeplessinaz » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:17 am

Thanks everyone for all the great feedback on the FX. I am happy with the LT for her version and have used it for a year now. I will still keep it handy for a back up. The FX looks like a much simpler mask and it just looks comfortable too which is always something we all strive for too in our quest for the perfect mask.

Apria says it is a special order right now so it might take up to 3 weeks for it to get here--UGH! Can't wait to get it and try it out!! LOL!

Thanks again for all the tips on how to use it as well---
Carrie

APAP setting is 6 to 12
HH 2.5
Side Sleeper
HypoThyroidism & Diabetes
New Airsense autoset 12/08/14

Nord

Post by Nord » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:36 am

Swift FX... lightweight and comfortable but for me leaks like a sieve... no matter what I do.

I have tried looser, tighter, different size nasal pillows, different head pillows (Foam, feather, fat, flat).
I thought... I don't mouth breath but it may be different with the FX... taped my mouth and no difference to leaks.
Tried humidity changes and creme to nares.
I move from side to side when I sleep and the FX, so far, does not handle it well. Sometimes it wakes me with leaking... sometimes just the readout shows the leaks.
So far, 4 days in... I'm going to give it a max of 5 more days... if I last that long.

Nord

Redeye

Post by Redeye » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:48 am

Nord wrote:Swift FX... lightweight and comfortable but for me leaks like a sieve... no matter what I do.

I have tried looser, tighter, different size nasal pillows, different head pillows (Foam, feather, fat, flat).
I thought... I don't mouth breath but it may be different with the FX... taped my mouth and no difference to leaks.
Tried humidity changes and creme to nares.
I move from side to side when I sleep and the FX, so far, does not handle it well. Sometimes it wakes me with leaking... sometimes just the readout shows the leaks.
So far, 4 days in... I'm going to give it a max of 5 more days... if I last that long.

Nord
Wowsa, it's so funny about how different we all are. I tried the SwiftFX for a night and, at first, thought I needed a more "covering" type of nasal mask. Then I got very hot and bothered for the Activa LT. It seemed like it would be perfect for my tossing and turning during the night. Well, I tried the Activa LT for a few hours and went right back to the FX. It's the only headgear I've seen that isn't like wearing a vice, for me. The back strap is pulling up some when I move against the pillow, but I don't think the seal is breaking. I'm going to stick with this and see what happens. The Activa LT will be my backup. Forget about the Zest! I'm brand new to cpap I know nothing yet other than what I've learned here. I just want to say a major thank you to everyone here that has patiently written down their feelings and finding. It is of unmeasureable help for someone just starting on this journey.

The FX at least seems innovative anyway. Thanks!

Redeye

oscar98

Post by oscar98 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:26 am

cobra4x4 wrote:Got mine last week and its the best one I've used to date.

Make sure to watch the setup instructions video to make sure you have it adjusted correctly the 1st time.
Can this video be found online somewhere? Mine didn't come with one and my DME sure didn't let me know there was one. I've not been at this very long and I already know not to expect anything helpful from my DME.

Angie

Maple Leaf

Post by Maple Leaf » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:39 am

oscar98

Post by oscar98 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:13 pm

Maple Leaf wrote:Here ya go Angie;
http://www.resmed.com/us/products/swift ... s&sec=true

Rick
Thank you. That was helpful. I was having trouble with the fit and I now know what I was doing wrong.

cobra4x4

Post by cobra4x4 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:13 pm

I found it very helpful as well, I had the side straps wrong.

Apparently it is very important to have those straps mid way between the eyes & your ears. I had mine originally set just above the ears like most masks ... boy was I wrong.

bob007

Post by bob007 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:18 pm

This forum is so cool!

I picked up my Swift FX today and am so thankful for the video link and the feedback. I switched to the LT after developing a blister on my nose with a nasal mask. I've like the LT but it puts a bit of pressure on my upper teeth and I can feel them shifting a bit over time. The sensation goes away by mid-day but that can't be good. I've heard the FX won't give me that problem.

My DME simply gave me the mask and I got to keep the LT. They said my insurance should cover it. If it doesn't I have another plan through my sleep doc...I can keep the FX as a trade and purchase the LT as a backup for $15 from their supply house.

I hope this works for me.

Bob

oldestof12

Post by oldestof12 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:36 pm

I am a newbie (2 weeks) and it has been a struggle. I really like the feel of the Swift FX--it's a lot less gear on my head. However, I can't get past the "Darth Vader" sound of my own breathing. I can still hear it, even with earplugs. I went back to my original mask (Quattro which is blissfully quiet, but when my cpap pressure ramped up to 11, the loud face leaks drove me crazy.) Last night I slept pretty well with a Mirage Activa LT, but woke up with dry mouth a couple of times. Sometimes, in my sleep-deprived existence, I feel like the "cure" is worse than the disease. I have had no follow-up from my DME--I finally called them and set up an appointment to get help with mask adjustments.

Jersey Girl

Post by Jersey Girl » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:04 pm

Hi Carrie!

I love my Swift FX. The first few nights it felt so quiet that I actually pulled it away from my face to make sure the machine was still on and blowing air! Last night I had an AHI of 0.9: 0.8 HI, .1AI.

It's funny, I don't get that Darth Vador breathing sound as described by oldestof12.

I did find it helpful to watch the video from resmed.com on the proper positioning of this mask. Helped me to make adjustments. Had a higher AHI the first 3 nights and then after that, as Carbonman would say, the mask and I were one...

Let us know how you like it as soon as you've had a night or two.

Warmly,

Jersey Girl

Happiness is from the heart out, not the world in.