SD card or Smaret card?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
warrior391

SD card or Smaret card?

Post by warrior391 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:57 am

I keep seeing alot of posts referring to smard cards and software and Encore this and that and reading your results everyday??...I have the Remstar pro and it has an SD card in the back. I was not told how to or what to do as far as checking my sleep results, I would guess that at my next Doc's visit, 6 weeks out from my 1st day of cpap, hewill read the card? How can I read my own SD card...is there also a smart card?

jules

Re: SD card or Smaret card?

Post by jules » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:03 pm

The older respironics machines have a "smart card" - blue with a gold rectangle on it about the size of a credit card. The newer PR models have the SD card.

I hope this clarification helps.

warrior391

Post by warrior391 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:10 pm

jules wrote:The older respironics machines have a "smart card" - blue with a gold rectangle on it about the size of a credit card. The newer PR models have the SD card.

Yes thank you, helps knowing mine is an SD card, now is there someting I can use to read my card to gather information that seems alot of you "users" are reading? Software , card reader...etc??

blakepro

Post by blakepro » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:24 pm

warrior391 wrote:
jules wrote:The older respironics machines have a "smart card" - blue with a gold rectangle on it about the size of a credit card. The newer PR models have the SD card.

Yes thank you, helps knowing mine is an SD card, now is there someting I can use to read my card to gather information that seems alot of you "users" are reading? Software , card reader...etc??

You need to track down a copy of Encore Pro 2.2

Many people on the forums have it. With a little digging, I'm sure you can find it.

Ruffinit

Post by Ruffinit » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:26 pm

Something no one told me was that when you go to your 6 week appointment, make sure you pull your card from your unit and take it with you.

On my first visit to the office (6 weeks in) the first thing they asked me for was the card from my unit. Obviously they did not know mine very well as it doesn't have a card. My data has to be downloaded by taking the entire machine (backpack size) to the equipment supplier to pull the data via cable from it with a computer. NO ONE told me this or that they even would want data from it. I didn't even know it stored it. The drugstore that supplied my equipment is over 1/2 hour away from me and isn't open when I'm off work, so have to make an appointment to get it pulled on their weekend schedule.
Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask: Drive FF w/ associated headgear
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
Software: ResScan 3.10 w/ cable

warrior391

Post by warrior391 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:01 pm

blakepro wrote:
warrior391 wrote:

You need to track down a copy of Encore Pro 2.2

Many people on the forums have it. With a little digging, I'm sure you can find it.

Ok, so the Encore Pro 2.2 will work for my SD card then? Is that the software only? Then I can just use a regualr SD card reader and not that smart card reader I have noticed people on the forum are using?

blakepro

Post by blakepro » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:53 pm

Correct. The Respironics PR System One Pro and Auto both use standard SD cards that can be used with a standard SD memory card reader (you likely already have one for your digital camera)

Then all you need is the software.

Hopefully you have a 32 bit operating system though, because there isnt a 64 bit version of the software yet.

warrior391

Post by warrior391 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:40 pm

blakepro wrote: Hopefully you have a 32 bit operating system though, because there isnt a 64 bit version of the software yet.
Now your getting into a grey area for me...withthe 32 bit thing. A lil halp, maybe where to find that info on my latop? Im sure it's easy to find, just gotta know where to look. Thanks. And dare I ask where to find the Encore 2.2? It seems a lil hush hush?

chronic

Post by chronic » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:12 pm

Click on computer, then control panel, then system, then it should tell you what you have there. I figured it out so I know you can. Hope this helps.

imtired

Post by imtired » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:14 pm

the sticker with the windows key should tell you if its a 64bit version. it should be on the bottom of the laptop

dsm

Post by dsm » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:18 pm

Just in case anyone ever wonders how to read their SD card.

You can buy SD to USB adapters on eBay for less than $5 (incl postage).
Most shops have them.

The latest versions of Respironics & Resmed software recognise the cards & will read the data off them.

Good luck.

DSM
xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)

warrior391

Post by warrior391 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:33 pm

chronic wrote:Click on computer, then control panel, then system, then it should tell you what you have there. I figured it out so I know you can. Hope this helps.
Lol....ok thanks

warrior391

Post by warrior391 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:34 pm

imtired wrote:the sticker with the windows key should tell you if its a 64bit version. it should be on the bottom of the laptop

Kool, ok thanks..if I didnt remove that ...lol.

warrior391

Post by warrior391 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:37 pm

dsm wrote:Just in case anyone ever wonders how to read their SD card.

You can buy SD to USB adapters on eBay for less than $5 (incl postage).
Most shops have them.

The latest versions of Respironics & Resmed software recognise the cards & will read the data off them.

Good luck.

DSM
OK thanks, yea I have an SD card reader, just guess I gotta figure out where to get this Encore Pro 2.2?

I goodle searched it and found some download sites. One that even says ("trusted download")...Hmmmmmm

warrior391

Post by warrior391 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:56 am

So I got the software downloaded...and Now, interpreting the info is another story. There is alot of information on this SD card and program. I am headed to work in a few and wont be able to play around with it till I get back home, but looks like I might be able to attach some of the info on this forum and see what you all think and maybe help me out in reading it...I get the jist of it but there is alot of stuff there. Very cool tho.