OT: Today's Economic Recovery

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Slinky

OT: Today's Economic Recovery

Post by Slinky » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:19 pm

Economic recovery

It is a slow day in the small Minnesota town of Marshall , and streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody is living on credit.

A rich tourist visiting the area drives through town, stops at the motel, and lays a $100 bill on the desk saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs to pick one for the night.

As soon as he walks upstairs, the motel owner grabs the bill and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.

The butcher takes the $100 and runs down the street to retire his debt to the pig farmer.

The pig farmer takes the $100 and heads off to pay his bill to his supplier, the Farmer's Co-op.

The guy at the Farmer's Co-op takes the $100 and runs to pay his debt to the local prostitute, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer her "services" on credit.

The hooker rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill with the hotel owner.

The hotel proprietor then places the $100 back on the counter so the rich traveler will not suspect anything.

At that moment the traveler comes down the stairs, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, picks up the $100 bill and leaves town.

No one produced anything. No one earned anything... However, the whole town is now out of debt and now looks to the future with a lot more optimism.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how the United States government is conducting business today.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Patrick A

Re: OT: Today's Economic Recovery

Post by Patrick A » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:12 pm

Don't Bend or Squash, My Aluminum Hat,it keeps them from knowing what I am thinking!
I need more Coffee&Old Bushmills!
"Without Truckdrivers America Stops!"
I'm not always wrong,but I'm not always right!
"Semper Fi"

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:33 pm

I love that one, Slinky. Thanks for the chuckle.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:55 pm

The only difference is the government prints the $100 bill on paper recycled from one dollar bills and toilet paper, at a cost of 23 cents, and applies that to the national debt. So they can do it on a much larger scale. jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:04 pm

Goofproof wrote:The only difference is the government prints the $100 bill on paper recycled from one dollar bills and toilet paper, at a cost of 23 cents, and applies that to the national debt. So they can do it on a much larger scale. jim
Except, China's going to shut off our supply of toilet paper pretty soon......and then things are really going to STINK.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

LinkC

Post by LinkC » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:53 pm

We'll be in deep "doo-doo", so to speak...

Unlike his passengers who died screaming as the car went over the cliff...

SaltLakeJan

Post by SaltLakeJan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:00 pm

Slinky, your commentary on the economic recovery of the U.S. Government is , very , but true.

Jan

Last edited by SaltLakeJan on Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sergey45

Post by Sergey45 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:00 pm

Nice!!

akcpapguy

Post by akcpapguy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:34 pm

Ha good one Slinky, I do find 1 discrepancy however, i don't think there are any hookers in Marshall, MN......spent a fair amount of time there and wasn't aware of any...LMAO

dsm

Post by dsm » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:47 pm

akcpapguy wrote:Ha good one Slinky, I do find 1 discrepancy however, i don't think there are any hookers in Marshall, MN......spent a fair amount of time there and wasn't aware of any...LMAO
akcpapguy
Were there just too many amateurs

Slink
Nice one

DSM

(I guess the hotel owner was willing to write off his $100 loss in the interests of town harmony )
xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)