Six months for me!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jimlux

Six months for me!

Post by jimlux » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:29 am

After some initial trouble (for a month or so), I've made it to six months using my machine every night. I rarely pull the mask off anymore, AHI levels have gone way down, but I still get about 8 or so hypoxias a night. I STILL fine if terribly difficult to get up in the morning because that's when I have my most interesting dreams and don't want to leave them. Also, if there's an open Saturday or Sunday afternoon, I'm all about taking a nap out of habit -- I'm seeing that as more of a luxury than a need! Thanks to alll of you for helping me get started! I'm going to try out nasal pillows or nasal plugs for my next mask -- Suggestions? (I have a mustache, if that matters).

harry33

Re: Six months for me!

Post by harry33 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:06 pm

a mustache seldom causes problems with a nose only type mask

glad we could help
australian,anxiety and insomnia, a CPAP user since 1995, self diagnosed after years of fatigue, 2 cheap CPAPs and respironics comfortgell nose only mask. not one of my many doctors ever asked me if I snored

Erin_Belli

Post by Erin_Belli » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:16 pm

Congrats on making it six months! This means you are probably a dedicated CPAP user and you will be inseparable from your machine for the rest of your life. Woohoo!

I've made it over three years now. I missed about a week last May, but this was deliberate. I wanted to see how well I could function without it. One night I woke up about 1:00 am from a dream that I was suffocating. I was gasping for breath. That was it for me. I went right back on CPAP.

I have a moustache also. For the first year on CPAP I shaved it, but then I thought what the heck. A little air leakage won't hurt anything. There's no need to hermetically seal my nose. So I grew it back, and haven't had any problems. When I've gone awhile without trimming it the air leakage recording creeps up a bit, but not bad. (I use the ComfortLite2 nasal cushion).
The path to Awakening lies through sleep.

gasp

Post by gasp » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:48 pm

Congrats on 6 months! I use the ComfortLite 2. You can order one that comes with a variety of attachments/sizes, although I believe the nasal pillows are the most popular attachment.

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/Comfor ... -Mask.html