My sleep doc fired me today...LOL

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JeffH

My sleep doc fired me today...LOL

Post by JeffH » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:10 pm

After I called them and asked if the card in my "new" machine showed them any data or just compliance. Of course, it's just compliance and I ask then how are you going to know what is going on with me? Wrong question. I also pointed out that it seemed like all they were interested in was getting paid and not my health.

A couple of hours later the Sleep Doc himself called and said he didn't appreciate that I was saying he was hooked up with the DME he sent me to and that he was going to get in touch with my GP AND RECOMMEND THAT I SEE A PSYCHIATRIST!

Can you believe this guy!!!????

My "new" stripped down apap is going back to the DME on Monday.

JeffH

jules

Re: My sleep doc fired me today...LOL

Post by jules » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:14 pm

I think he is the one who needs the psychiatrist.

SnoresLikeWalrus

Post by SnoresLikeWalrus » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:24 pm

When they start talking about shrinks it means you hit a nerve.

Sometimes a doctor and patient are not a good fit but that just requires a referral elsewhere and not discussion of anyone's mental health or lack thereof.

jnk

Post by jnk » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:43 pm

Dude, we're, like, waaaaay cheaper than a shrink. So, would you like to tell US about your childhood?

j/k

Sorry, man. Even if the doc is a jerk, that has to hurt a little.

Hope you got a copy of your Rx and will enjoy messing with the minds of DME droids as you shop around for a full-data machine. And if you ARE actually paranoid, well, then, that may come in very handy, considering how many of them ARE actually out to get us.

Signed: One of the other jeffs.

Catnapper

Post by Catnapper » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:13 pm

Sounds like you hit a nerve!

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:19 pm

Welcome to my world, JeffH!

He did you a big favor, as did mine.
Veni, vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

PR S1 ASV 950, DreamWear mask, F&P 150 humidifier, O2 @ 2L.

Muse-Inc

Post by Muse-Inc » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:24 pm

Wow, jackpot! Image of someone poking around, lifting rocks, looking for stuff and shazamm bizarre waay out overblown response

As jnk said, we're a whole bunch cheaper than a shrink getting absolutely no compensation for our suggestions

ResMed S9 range 9.8-17, RespCare Hybrid FFM
Never, never, never, never say never.

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:41 pm

Make sure you get a copy of your sleep study.......
(you paid for it and it's yours)

Sorry to hear things didn't work out well with that one. It seems that there are too many of those types of sleep doctors out there......these pages are littered with them. If he's actually the one that prescribed that specific machine, then he's really as worthless as the data that would have come out of the machine.

If you DO get a copy of your sleep study, maybe you can take it to someone who's competent.

When are you supposed to hear back from the urologist?

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:40 pm

Be sure and send the man a thank you note........and an enema. He obviously needs it.

And then, count your blessings that you haven't gotten more invested in him before you moved on........

“Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% what you make of it.” Charles Swindoll

JeffH

Post by JeffH » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:45 pm

Wulfman wrote:Make sure you get a copy of your sleep study.......
(you paid for it and it's yours)

Sorry to hear things didn't work out well with that one. It seems that there are too many of those types of sleep doctors out there......these pages are littered with them. If he's actually the one that prescribed that specific machine, then he's really as worthless as the data that would have come out of the machine.

If you DO get a copy of your sleep study, maybe you can take it to someone who's competent.

When are you supposed to hear back from the urologist?

Den
I went to the urologist this morning. First he did a voiding study and I did OK on that, then he did the flex cysto. He had me look at the monitor as he was going in and suddenly there were two tubes he could go down. He said, now that's interesting...

Turns out that one of the times I was catheterized they missed and poked this hole in me. It was the larger of the two so he went in there but hit a dead end. My urethra was too small to get his camera into my bladder, so he is going to stretch it out next week. I'll have to wear a catheter over night but then things should be good. Hopefully he'll look in my bladder while I'm knocked out.

Solid red blood leaking from your penis will do a number on your head...LOL.

JeffH

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:49 pm

JeffH wrote:I went to the urologist this morning. First he did a voiding study and I did OK on that, then he did the flex cysto. He had me look at the monitor as he was going in and suddenly there were two tubes he could go down. He said, now that's interesting...

Turns out that one of the times I was catheterized they missed and poked this hole in me. It was the larger of the two so he went in there but hit a dead end. My urethra was too small to get his camera into my bladder, so he is going to stretch it out next week. I'll have to wear a catheter over night but then things should be good. Hopefully he'll look in my bladder while I'm knocked out.

JeffH
Youch! I'm female, and that made me wince! I hope it's not nearly as bad as it sounds.
Veni, vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

PR S1 ASV 950, DreamWear mask, F&P 150 humidifier, O2 @ 2L.

JeffH

Post by JeffH » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:52 pm

BleepingBeauty wrote:
JeffH wrote:I went to the urologist this morning. First he did a voiding study and I did OK on that, then he did the flex cysto. He had me look at the monitor as he was going in and suddenly there were two tubes he could go down. He said, now that's interesting...

JeffH
Youch! I'm female, and that made me wince! I hope it's not nearly as bad as it sounds.
It quit pretty quickly, but I ruined a pair of drawers! Oh well, only wear them when I go see Doc's anyway.

JeffH

GumbyCT

Post by GumbyCT » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:02 pm

JeffH wrote:Solid red blood leaking from your penis will do a number on your head...LOL.
Me thinks you is in the worng furum fur dat but I do got a few homey rems fur dat. But I didnt even sleep last nite never mind a holler de Inn.

I have no doubt, how I sleep affects every waking moment.
I am making progress-NOW I remember that I can't remember
;)
If this isn’t rocket science why are there so many spaceshots?
Be your own healthcare advocate!

sleepycarol

Post by sleepycarol » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:04 pm

I remember a time I had that happen to me, but I am female.

I knew that something was amiss as it wasn't time for "that" to be happening. I called the doc and they said bring in a urine specimen for us to check. Did that and then didn't hear anything. Right before they were to close I called and asked if they had tested my urine and was told I had to get them a "clean" specimen since apparently it was "that" time of month. Oh did I get ticked!! I said that would have been fine, but since it wasn't "that" they had better figure something pretty quick.
Start Date: 8/30/2007 Pressure 9 - 15
I am not a doctor or other health care professional. Comments reflect my own personal experiences and opinions.

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:21 pm

Did he actually quit on you, or is he willing to continue to see you? Not that you'd want to see him, but I'm curious if he truly abandoned you (which is not ethical).
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly