Being Hospitalized

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Judy R

Being Hospitalized

Post by Judy R » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:58 am

Just wanted to let you all know, that I will be admitted to the hospital later today, for my Pancreatitis. I porbably won't be around for a while. But, I will try to let you know as soon as I can how things are going.

God Bless You All,
Judy

JohnBFisher

Re: Being Hospitalized

Post by JohnBFisher » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:05 am

Judy R wrote:Just wanted to let you all know, that I will be admitted to the hospital later today, for my Pancreatitis. ...
We'll be thinking and praying for you! Hope you do well and they can get that under control. I know you must be very worried. Remember to reach out and talk with someone if you need to do so. It always helps to face your fears and share your concerns rather just trying to put on a brave face.

Best wishes to you!

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams." from Zdzisław Beksiński

JohnBFisher

Post by JohnBFisher » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:07 am

P.S. Don't forget to take your CPAP unit! It will help you sleep better. Since sleep in a hospital is difficult enough without OSA, you need all the help that you can get!

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams." from Zdzisław Beksiński

Kiralynx

Post by Kiralynx » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:15 am

Judy,

Being hospitalized is never fun. Don't forget to take your CPAP -- sleeping in a hospital is chancy at best, and sleeping without your CPAP is bad news -- especially when you are dealing with pain issues!

We'll be thinking about you!

Beastie, 2008-10-28. NEW Beastie, PRS1 960, 2014-05-14. NEWER Beastie, Dream Station ASV, 2017-10-17. PadaCheek Hosecover. Homemade Brandy Keg Chin Support. TapPap Mask.
Min PS = 4, Max PS = 8
Epap Range = 6 - 7.5

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:24 am

Hi Judy, get well soon, hope it will be a short stay for you. Keep us udated when you can. Dori

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

rosiefrosie

Post by rosiefrosie » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:27 am

Take care Judy, hope you have a speedy recovery. Keep us up to date on how you are doing.

rosie

ozij

Post by ozij » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:30 am

Take care, Judy. I hope you'll be better soon. See if someone can come along with you.
O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

rosacer

Post by rosacer » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:56 am

Hope you will recover fast and all will be good with you at hospital (the best service). I will pray for you too Judy.

Rosie

DreamDiver

Post by DreamDiver » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:03 am

Be well soon.

amos

Post by amos » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:37 am

Judy,

I wanted to let you know that I understand exactly what you are going through, for it was panceatitis that sent me into retirement. It is difficult to believe that there is anything more painful than a pancreatic attack. I did have some very understanding and knowlgeable doctors. They treated me first with medications; and, when the attacks stopped, I followed up with a special diet. I have not had any attacks since, except for the times I stupidly eat some fried foods.

My prayer for you is that the hands of the doctors will become the hands of the Great Physician and that you will soon have a full and quick recovery.

amos

DreamOn

Post by DreamOn » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:29 pm

Best wishes to you, Judy. I hope you feel much better very soon. You'll be in our thoughts as you recover, and we look forward to hearing from you again when you feel up to it.

~ DreamOn

Muse-Inc

Post by Muse-Inc » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:31 pm

Good luck Judy, will add you to my prayers. Keep us posted when you're able. Take the CPAP, use it during the day if they make ya sleep with your legs up and your lungs squished. I took a dark washcloth to lay over my eyes so I could get some decent sleep.

ResMed S9 range 9.8-17, RespCare Hybrid FFM
Never, never, never, never say never.

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:47 pm

All the best JudyR!

We're will be thinking of you and watching the forum for your return when you are feeling better! I hope that's very soon!:D

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

KatieW

Post by KatieW » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:49 pm

Judy R, I hope you're feeling better, soon.

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:00 pm

I'll add my wishes for a speedy and full recovery, Judy. Do heed the good advice given above (to take your machine with you and use it in the hospital). Hope you feel better soon.
Veni, vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

PR S1 ASV 950, DreamWear mask, F&P 150 humidifier, O2 @ 2L.