swift II or swift LT ?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Flowergirl51

swift II or swift LT ?

Post by Flowergirl51 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:47 am

Any input in what's the best, swift II or swift LT and why? Thanks, Terry

Autopapdude

Re: swift II or swift LT ?

Post by Autopapdude » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:56 am

I LOVE the Swift II---very little touches the face, so it is the un-claustrophobic mask of the group. The only facial contact in the front is the pillow itself. After years of nasal masks and irritation, it was a wonderful solution. Lots of folks on this site seem to like the Swift LT also. They are both popular.

kwikwater

Post by kwikwater » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:57 am

I'll throw in for the LT. I LOVE it!!!! I started with a Resp. Profile Lite, tried an Activa Mirage Nasal, a full face model and now the pillow. I chose the LT, as the hose comes out the middle rather than to one side, which I wondered if it would limit or effect my traditional thrashing around. I sleep mostly on my back, but in the hour or so before rising I flop to each side. I like how the hose tracks, whter I'm using the top of the head clip or tucking as much hose as I can under the covers to warm the air and prevent rainout.

KW

Additional Comments: PulseOx CMS-50D+, Papcap, SleepyHead

Flower51

Post by Flower51 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:01 am

Thanks for the details. One other thing to throw into the mix: I have been diagnosed w/rosacea which is on both cheeks. Hoping the headgear resting on my cheeks won't make it worse. If anyone has other suggestions for what might be a good choice in light of the rosacea other than swift I'm open to them! Terry

254/192/goal 145

jdm5

Post by jdm5 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:38 am

I haven't tried it but the Comfortlite 2 doesn't have anything on the cheeks (not sure if you'd be comfortable with it on your forehead)...

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/Comfor ... -Mask.html

bearcatx16

Post by bearcatx16 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:30 pm

Look up "padacheek" (Karen) on this site or at http://www.padacheek.com. I've been making my own covers from head bands but I now use the Swift LT, #1 mask now, and need to turn to the professional for help with covers for the LT.

Good luck,

Fred
In the game of Life there is no two minute warning, just sudden death then judgment............Paraphrase Heb. 9:27 NIV
Not sure you believe in God.....just don't die.

junie

Post by junie » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:12 am

I really like both of them

Additional Comments: Pressure #11, FF. mask Flexifit 431 & 432, also Mirage Swift ll Nasal Pillow,
Judy

mindy

Post by mindy » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:32 am

I have both of them and prefer the Swift II. Like all masks, what's best is what works for you!

Mindy

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
--- Author unknown

rosiefrosie

Post by rosiefrosie » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:35 am

I'm with you junie, I like them both too & switch back and forth between the 2 of them.

Flower51

Post by Flower51 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:57 am

Thanks for all of your input. Last night I looked on this site and found pictures of a way to use the swift II that someone rigged up by attaching the rubber connector end of the main hose to the top buckle w/a small velcro band, running the mask's hose to it which formed a "c" and effectively keeps the hose away from the cheek etc allowing for side sleeping. WOW what a great idea! The blue part still rests lightly on my cheeks but not too much pressure there. Thanks again fellow hoseheads!!!! Terry

254/192/goal 145

Autopapdude

Post by Autopapdude » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:07 am

Gonna order an LT on Monday, so I can alternate. LOVE the Swift II, but see the merits of the newer design. Since I self pay, it gives me choices. Let y'all know which one I prefer if there is a preference, and give you an update/comparison.