Need reccomendation for mask similar to swift LT

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
kolchak

Need reccomendation for mask similar to swift LT

Post by kolchak » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:12 am

I made the comments below on the "Mirage swift LT (lack of) quality thread."
I'm starting a new topic because I was about to order my 3rd LT but after reading that thread want something else. Can someone please reccomend a nasal pillow type mask that is similar to the LT but has pillows lasting longer then a couple weeks?

I've been using a swift LT for almost a year and have recently noticed problems with my pillows. I came to this site looking for info & thankfully found this thread. My oldest pillow, which i got with my 1st swift LT mask (and fell in love with it) is a medium #6. My newer (bad) pillows are 1 & 8 and after reading this thread I can easily tell the difference in quality between the pillows & I'm pissed. I have a bunch of old pillows in a box somewhere & will check the numbers in hope of turing up one of the older, quality pillows.
My sleep has suffered because Resmed decided to save a few pennies per pillow and is leaving it's loyal customers out in the cold? I don't need to be a marketing exec to know this is bad business and I will vote with my (insurance companies) XPAP dollars.
$30.00 is excessive for a good pillow, but $30.00 for a cheap flimsy pillow is simply price gouging.
Since a resolution isn't close, can someone direct me to a similar mask to the swift LT, perhaps made by a competitor with good customer service?
Thanks so much!

SleepyNoMoreNotLoggedIn

Re: Need reccomendation for mask similar to swift LT

Post by SleepyNoMoreNotLoggedIn » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:44 am

I use the Swift 11, it's awesome!
I used the swift LT and couldn't use it, it made sores in my nose so I traded it after the first week.
I also use the Comfort Lite & the Aura Headrest, all (3) are great nasal pillow masks...
Goodluck

jdm2857

Post by jdm2857 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:14 am

The F&P Opus 360 is a pretty nice mask. The base of the pillow is much smaller than the LT, and less bothersome to the upper lip. The headgear is different, too, so some may find adjusting it better than the LT, and others may find it worse.
jeff

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:00 pm

Yep .... Opus is about as close to Swift LT as you can get.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

GumbyCT

Post by GumbyCT » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:05 pm

I'll have to vote for the Headrest again.

The Aeiomed Headrest is good for sleeping in just about any position.
Check it out here -http://www.aeiomed.com/products/headrest.php
The Movie - http://www.aeiomed.com/video_product_in ... adrest.php

I have no doubt, how I sleep affects every waking moment.
I am making progress-NOW I remember that I can't remember
;)
If this isn’t rocket science why are there so many spaceshots?
Be your own healthcare advocate!

jnk

Post by jnk » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:27 pm

I have now been using the original pillows that came with my LT for seven months straight, and I get 0.0 leak (ResMed blower) most every night. Until I see a reason to get new pillows, I'll keep using the ones that came with the mask.

It's probably cheapo guys like me, who don't buy new pillows, that have made ResMed start making flimsy pillows--to keep the DMEs happy.

It does appear the LT may be tracking downward at cpap.com while the Opus 360 is tracking upward, as of this date:

Imagehttps://www.cpap.com/brandChartLines.ph ... me=masks-2
Last edited by jnk on Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jdm2857

Post by jdm2857 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:31 pm

[quote="jnk")
It does appear the LT may be tracking downward at cpap.com while the Opus 360 is tracking upward, as of this date:
[/quote]

I wonder if the Opus 360 data includes the 50 shipped for free to the challenge contestants.
jeff

katherinefulmer

Post by katherinefulmer » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:39 am

jdm2857 wrote:[quote="jnk")
I wonder if the Opus 360 data includes the 50 shipped for free to the challenge contestants.[/quote]

Products sent out for CPAPtalk.com Product Challenge are not considered in the CPAP.com inventory or sales records.
Katherine Fulmer
Product Development Analyst
katherine.fulmer@cpaptalk.com

Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward. - Kurt Vonnegut

jdm2857

Post by jdm2857 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:07 am

Thanks Katherine. Good to know.
jeff

Claire

Post by Claire » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:42 am

I'll also cast a vote for the Opus 360. I've been using it for a year. My only problem with the pillows is that they seem to develop a whistle. All I can do is clean it and then put it away for awhile. I've been rotating three nasal pillows throughout the year.

My only complaint about the Opus is that the strapping isn't the best quality. It stretches over time and the velcro isn't as effective. I used a ComfortGel for about 6 weeks when I first started and, altho the mask didn't work for me, its strapping is much sturdier than that of the Opus.

ozij

Post by ozij » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:21 am

I get far better leak results with my deconstructed Headrest, so I do use it more. But the Opus 360 is good to wear: the pillows have a great shape and a pleasant touch, and with padacheek's padding on the side bars, it's a a comfortable, quiet mask.

The Headrest - has another great advatage - the vent blows up instead of forwards.
And with Dr. Bonner soap, the seals last me long - can't say how long, since I alternate - but very long.

By the way Aeiomed second generation of seals are thicker and sturdier than the first one was -- you probably wont' find the thin old one's any longer. The Opus 360 is a a third (improved) variant. Some companies do mprove their mask

The Opus's whistle disappears (for me) when the pillows warm up in use.

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

jdm2857

Post by jdm2857 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:24 am

Remember that there is a Product Challenge currently running between the Swift LT and the Opus 360. Challengees are prohibited from posting about their findings until after the results are made public. But in the near future, there should be many opinions about how these masks compare.
jeff

TheOneBlackMage

Post by TheOneBlackMage » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:26 am

I tested the Swift LT when I was trialing my CPAP machine, and I liked it except for the nasal pillows collapsing, and the irritation caused by it pressing on my upper lip. I found the thread on the quality issues with the nasal pillows much later.

I have the Opus 360 with my S8 Elite II, and it is pretty good. The nosepiece is smaller and doesn't irritate my upper lip and nose as much as the Swift LT did.

My only complaint is the straps aren't as customizable as the Swift LT. There is no swivel on the nosepiece to really adjust angle, and it doesn't come apart for you to be able to clean it (only the pillow is detachable). The straps aren't as good, as I find it slips around on my head, and it's already tight enough that it leaves marks on my face in the morning.

I've looked at other options similar to these two, to plan for my next mask replacement, but I haven't found anything better yet.

jdm2857

Post by jdm2857 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:29 am

TheOneBlackMage wrote: ...it doesn't come apart for you to be able to clean it (only the pillow is detachable).
It doesn't appear to, but the swivel ball at the end of the small hose snaps out of the mask frame.

Snaps back in, too.
jeff

ozij

Post by ozij » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:14 pm

jdm2857 wrote:
TheOneBlackMage wrote: ...it doesn't come apart for you to be able to clean it (only the pillow is detachable).
It doesn't appear to, but the swivel ball at the end of the small hose snaps out of the mask frame.

Snaps back in, too.
Snaps in, snaps out, and swivels fine too if you don't connect the hose to the headgear.

What they say on the site is true:
Alternatively, leave the tube unanchored and the ball-and-socket joint really comes into play allowing true 360° of freedom
http://www.fphcare.com/osa/features17.asp

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023