Best night so far, comments or suggestions!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
mallen4258

Best night so far, comments or suggestions!!

Post by mallen4258 » Sat May 30, 2009 10:49 am

Well, I had the best night so far. I am getting closer to where my setup needs to be. My mask is an Activa LT with an Activa Standard cushion (seals better for me than the Activa LT cushion). My Rx was 8 CPAP which I ran for 2 weeks, while much better than without CPAP, numbers were still not where they needed to be. Now I am running with Auto 9-13, CFlex 1, HH 2. I have run with this for 4 nights and it keeps getting better and more consistent. After another week, my next adjustment will be to turn CFlex off (one of the biggest improvements was when I turned CFlex from 3 to 1).

Mike

I have posted the reports from 5-28, any suggetions or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

harry33

Re: Best night so far, comments or suggestions!!

Post by harry33 » Sat May 30, 2009 12:54 pm

Ive never had any interest in data, but I think CFLEX simply makes it easier to breathe out, so it seems like a useful feature, or perhaps for some reason, you dont like it
australian,anxiety and insomnia, a CPAP user since 1995, self diagnosed after years of fatigue, 2 cheap CPAPs and respironics comfortgell nose only mask. not one of my many doctors ever asked me if I snored

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat May 30, 2009 1:17 pm

Well done Mike. I am green with envy. Last night was my first good night but I am even more of a newbie than you are. One week now with my machine. I started off with C Flex at 1 to start with. I may turn it off later but only after I have some more good nights to refer to.

Keep up the good work.
Brenda

PS: I like having the data available also. In my case it enabled me to quickly spot why I was still feeling like crap despite having not so bad averages showing on the LCD screen. It would drive me nuts to be shut off from my personal data. I just have to be in the drivers seat. Too many years of working in the medical system forces me to not put blind faith in the "system".

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Gerald

Post by Gerald » Sat May 30, 2009 4:57 pm

Mike....

You've got some good equipment there........and you're doing some really good work.

You realize, of course, that there's no way you could get equivalent workmanship if you depended on the "medical establishment" to tell you what to do.

What you're accomplishing is impressive!

Gerald

newname

Post by newname » Sat May 30, 2009 7:33 pm

mallen4258:
Why do you have all those pigeons on you?
It makes me shiver just to look at them. Did you see the movie The Birds?
I have a fear of birds ever since.

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Sat May 30, 2009 7:49 pm

Mike,

If you're going to run in Auto mode, you need a slightly higher minimum pressure. If you'll notice where your pressure bumped up a few cms, there are virtually no events below that in the report. As a general rule, the "90%" number isn't always a reliable number for pressure settings, but it might be in your case. If you'll notice in the grid below the details, 11 cm. is where your numbers get much better (for the pressures that it reached).

Good going and best wishes with your therapy.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

mallen4258

Post by mallen4258 » Sun May 31, 2009 10:29 am

Gerald wrote:Mike....

You've got some good equipment there........and you're doing some really good work.

You realize, of course, that there's no way you could get equivalent workmanship if you depended on the "medical establishment" to tell you what to do.

What you're accomplishing is impressive!

Gerald
THANKS!! As far as "medical establishment" goes..... From what I have seen here, mine is a LITTLE better than average. I asked Dr. about my reports and equipment, really did not explain the findings in the report and could not answer questions about equipment. The DME, did take a little time to explain the equipment and fit the mask that I SPECIFIED. HOWEVER, when asked about "THE BUTTONS" (I already new the answer, due to Cpaptalk.com) on the Remstar M Auto CPAP, the response was "Oh they don't do anything" and that "the software was NOT AVAILABLE and the Manufacturer did not sell it to the patient"! Again thank goodness for this FORUM and CPAP.COM!!!!!!!
newname wrote:mallen4258:
Why do you have all those pigeons on you?
It makes me shiver just to look at them. Did you see the movie The Birds?
I have a fear of birds ever since.
The picture is from when my wife and I were in Venice, it is in St. Mark's Square last year! Actually it was a lot of fun!! If you had any bird food bought from one of the square vendors, you INSTANTLY got mugged by the pigeons!!!
Wulfman wrote:Mike,

If you're going to run in Auto mode, you need a slightly higher minimum pressure. If you'll notice where your pressure bumped up a few cms, there are virtually no events below that in the report. As a general rule, the "90%" number isn't always a reliable number for pressure settings, but it might be in your case. If you'll notice in the grid below the details, 11 cm. is where your numbers get much better (for the pressures that it reached).

Good going and best wishes with your therapy.

Den
Thanks, Den! I am only into my 7th week of Therapy as as you told me in another post "Practice, Practice, Practice". Auto is helping me right now in trying to figure out my correct pressure and range. I am technically oriented, and I am taking making changes seriously and slowly (i.e. make one change and see if it works, and only if it does keep it and make the next one). As I said earlier, my originally Rx was CPAP 8, after 2 weeks I knew that was not right so after 7 weeks I am at where I am now. I know it will take time to get everything right, but as of now I am 100 % compliant and feeling MUCH better. I do appreciate any suggestions to improve. I am so glad to have found this forum, and the help it has given me!!!!

Mike

robertmarilyn

Post by robertmarilyn » Sun May 31, 2009 10:34 am

mallen4258 wrote:
The picture is from when my wife and I were in Venice, it is in St. Mark's Square last year! Actually it was a lot of fun!! If you had any bird food bought from one of the square vendors, you INSTANTLY got mugged by the pigeons!!!
Mike
I think the picture is great...you'd probably have a hard time dragging me away from the friendly birds
mar

5aces

Post by 5aces » Sun May 31, 2009 12:59 pm

ImageImage

This place is on the waterfront of Lake Ontario,in the city of Hamilton.

If you dare to walk outside with a box of fries,count on being dive bombed by numerous aggressive seagulls that will knock the box right out of your hand and start a swarming feeding frenzy of cocky gulls!

Oximetry report looks swell BTW.
ImageImage

dsm

Post by dsm » Sun May 31, 2009 4:47 pm

[quote="mallen4258"]Well, I had the best night so far. I am getting closer to where my setup needs to be. My mask is an Activa LT with an Activa Standard cushion (seals better for me than the Activa LT cushion). My Rx was 8 CPAP which I ran for 2 weeks, while much better than without CPAP, numbers were still not where they needed to be. Now I am running with Auto 9-13, CFlex 1, HH 2. I have run with this for 4 nights and it keeps getting better and more consistent. After another week, my next adjustment will be to turn CFlex off (one of the biggest improvements was when I turned CFlex from 3 to 1).

Mike

I have posted the reports from 5-28, any suggetions or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

<snip>

Mike,

Have you used A-Flex at all ?
If yes what did you think of it ?

Thanks

DSM
Last edited by dsm on Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)

mallen4258

Post by mallen4258 » Sun May 31, 2009 6:12 pm

dsm wrote:Mike,

Have you used A-Flex at all ?

If yes what did you think of it ?

Thanks

DSM

Yes I have tried Aflex, but for me I did not find it as comfortable as CFlex (with AFlex I felt like I was "chasing" the CPAP machine's breathing pattern). I liked the CFlex - 3 setting when I was using the Mirage Swift LT but I found I did not need it that high after using the Activa LT mask. My numbers improved A LOT when I went to CFlex - 1 and after using an Activa cushion on the Activa LT frame, I feel that I have the "right" combination for me. I still like the Swift LT mask but I don't feel I breathe as easy with it as the Activa LT frame/Activa cushion combination. I have tried MANY of the Resmed masks trying to find the right one (anyone need any barely used masks?).

Mike

dsm

Post by dsm » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:19 am

Mike

Many thanks, very informative.

DSM
xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)