well I survived the titration ;-)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
brucelegs

well I survived the titration ;-)

Post by brucelegs » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:38 pm

that gummy stuff is hard to get out of your hair. This time I was smart and took today off instead of trying to shower at the clinic and then go to work. I have no idea what the gummy stuff is that the use to attach the electrodes ... anyway I went in armed with a list of masks I wanted to try and my own pillow from home. She had them all except the nasal pillow LT swift which I really, really wanted to try the best one I tried was one of the comfort gel ones which she kindly let me take home with me and said "to keep it quiet and don't tell the DME you have one" I love her. I was the only one in the clinic that night and she was the one who did my original study last month. she asked how I came in with a list - I told her I have been doing my homework so that this will be a successful therapy for me. We had nice chat - talked about surgery (told her from what I have read not really very successful and she agreed), how she got into this career, where do you go to school for it and other stuff. I was laid off a few years ago and received a grant to go back to school - if I had known more about this field I probably would have done that instead of kitchen design (massage therapy was another I considered)

As part of the titration paperwork she had me check a list of local DMEs that I would prefer or I could just check a box so that they would just assign me to one. I chose a local provider that came highly recommended by a few folks at work and is an in-network provider from my insurance company (I called BC/BS last week to find out the benefits). I guess I will be hearing from them. I asked what kind of therapeutic pressure we were talking about and she said 15 and she also said she was recommending the humidifier. I wanted to ask what machine, but figured I could cross that bridge later if I have to. I had a few leaks during the night but was able to resolve them OK with slight adjustment of the mask. I don't see the dr. until March but I'm not sure if I want to really have the equipment before I see him anyway.

I'm going to ask for either the respronics Remstar M Series auto w/Aflex or the M Series Pro w/Cflex along with the heated humidifier. am I correct that both of these are fully data capable?

thanks, I love reading everyone's posts and I have gone into this adventure well informed!

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night
You ain't a beauty, but hey you're alright
Oh and that's alright with me"

HeirloomGardener

Re: well I survived the titration ;-)

Post by HeirloomGardener » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:15 am

It sounds like you have done your homework! Yes, both the Pro and the Auto are data capable.

Talk to your sleep doctor (or whichever doctor will be writing the prescription) and ask that the prescription is written for a data-capable machine of patient's choice and mask of patient's choice.

Kitchen design sounds interesting!

rested gal

Re: well I survived the titration ;-)

Post by rested gal » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:24 am

brucelegs wrote:I'm going to ask for either the respronics Remstar M Series auto w/Aflex or the M Series Pro w/Cflex along with the heated humidifier. am I correct that both of these are fully data capable?
As HeirloomGardener said... yes, both those machines are. Both will give AHI and leak info, not just "hours of use."

You've definitely been doing your homework, Bruce! That was an interesting post. Sounds like you lucked onto a very nice sleep tech. That was good of her to give you the extra mask.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435