In admiration of our RestedGal

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
dsm

In admiration of our RestedGal

Post by dsm » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:30 am

RG,

What can I say ??? (here goes ...)

You are proving without any doubt the old saying that 'a good wine just gets better with age'

Your latest pic is a testimony to how well your xPAP therapy is working and how well you are
living the results.

It is a delight to see you appear as well as you do and I am saying to all our members - have
no illusions about how much xPAP therapy can rejuvenate us if we stay with it and live it.

RestedGal is living proof of a healthy and vigorous attitude to this therapy and is now
photogenic proof of it. RG & I are close in age so I am saying this from the heart. I know
the challenges & am thus only too happy to praise what I see clearly as 'living the dream'

RG - 'love ya'

Fondly,

DSM
xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)

birdshell

Re: In admiration of our RestedGal

Post by birdshell » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:39 am

DSM, agreed. Laura is a great example for us to follow!

I cannot imagine the efforts that Rested Gal Laura makes daily to help people. How does she do it all?

Thank you, Laura. Without you (and your pantyhose straps?) where would so many of us be? I'm guessing that there are many more of us continuing our compliance as a result of your efforts.

Thank you for all that you have done to improve lives through using CPAP.

Karen,
Who sees Rested Gal as our Go-To Gal

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:45 am

I was thinking the same thing when seeing her new picture! (I sure wish I looked that good!)

I know when I started this therapy almost two years ago now, Laura was wonderful! So much help and support, that I don't know what I would have done without her.

Thank you, Laura (a truly Rested Gal!) for all you do here, and for your help to me personally as well!

Pam

johnnygoodman

Post by johnnygoodman » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:53 am

Howdy,

Today is another sad day. SithLord has shuffled off this mortal coil. I wish I could have thanked SnoreDog more than I was able to while he was with us.

RG, may you live to 100. But, since the sun is shining and I've got the chance, I want to add to this little love fest we've got going.

Thank you for all you do. You are a very special, moral, caring, knowledgeable, feisty, encouraging, strong, clever woman. One day, this industry will be driven by CPAP users. When people look back and wonder when the tide changed and who set the foundation from which things were set right, they'll say "RG lived it and helped others live it". You are the change I want to see the in CPAP world!

Johnny

PS dsm, being that you are an older no non-sense guy, I'm going to hold off on your love fest. You say the word though, and I'll break it out.

Mtnviewer

Post by Mtnviewer » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:57 am

While I'm still online I'll chime in too in supporting your Congratulations and expressing my appreciation for her posts and wisdom. As I'm a newbie to PAP therapy, her experience and knowledge in her posts along with others in this forum, has helped me greatly. It is amazing and so valuable to have this resource donated by folks like Ms. RG. I too noticed her new and very attractive picture!

I MUST stay off my back to reduce OSA & snoring. I use a small backpack of solid styrofoam to keep me on my side (tennis balls too small), & use DIY customized soft foam pillow to keep my head in a side sleeping position to eliminate most OSA.

gulfpearl

Post by gulfpearl » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:14 pm

Like everyone else Laura I think you are an amazing women . You have so much to offer this forum. When I first saw your new picture I thought a picture is worth a thousand words. I just hope I look that great when I reach your age

Georgio

Post by Georgio » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:17 pm

You go Rested Gal! You set the bar for posting such an attractive photo of yourself! I hope it will encourage more to do the same!

Thank you for your wisdom and everthing you do.

Georgio

P.S. Not to slight others who have helped me, thank you too, Hawthorne you were the difference that made me succeed.
M-Series W/Aflex, Swift LT, Encoreviewer

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:21 pm

I think all of youse guys are just jealous of her tan and the vacation she got......

But, since you started this "love fest" (?), I'll add my appreciation for her friendship over these last several years.

Best wishes, Laura. May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Bluebonnet_Gal

Post by Bluebonnet_Gal » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:29 pm

I agree with everyone else. Laura, you're looking GREAT! Thanks for all your help. You truly set the "standard" for the rest of us!

Gail

jnk

Post by jnk » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:44 pm

Well, yeah, sure, her picture looks great, and all that--but it is her way of dealing with people as she so generously, clearly, and accurately shares her experience, knowledge, and wisdom that makes her such a beautiful person. I would go so far as to say that she is an example to be held up for all posters on all boards everywhere.

I just hope her picture doesn't turn red from embarrassment at this thread, because she really DOES deserve this community accolade.

jeff

ps-DSM, please don't tell my wife, but you are not the only one with a slight crush on rested gal.

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:05 pm

I add my gratitude to you in this, long overdue, tribute that DSM started! You have helped so many, so much! I would venture to say there is not a person on this forum that you have not helped, either directly or indirectly.
You're looking great! We will enjoy much more of your help and guidance for a long time yet!
I raise a glass, in thanks, to you, Rested Gal!

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

JeffH

Post by JeffH » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:14 pm

Let me add my thinks to RG too. She was a BIG help to me when I found this forum after eight years on cpap and suddenly having troubles I didn't understand. She was a big help in getting me able to look a data and understand what was going on. I'll be forever grateful to her for her help.

JeffH

ozij

Post by ozij » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:53 pm

That's what you get, Rested Gal, for taking a rest from the forum, and then changing your avatar.
Patient, precise, (as jnk said: clearly and accurately) caring, humane, knowledgeable, welcoming - and mischievous and humorous;
Nobody is too happy at needing cpap. But when it gives you a chance to find such fellow travelers for the journey ....
We are very fortunate.

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

OutaSync

Post by OutaSync » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:01 pm

Amen to all of the above. RG, you are the best. We can always count on you.

Bev

Sleep Study Titrated to 19 cm H2O
Rotating between Activa and Softgel
11/2/07 RemStar M Series Auto with AFlex 14-17
10/17/08 BiPAP Auto SV 13/13-23, BPM Auto, AHI avg <1

nanuke

Post by nanuke » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:06 pm

She's got my kudos!

SLEEP WELL