Anyone familiar with Packaging for a FlexiFit HC432?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
john_dozer

Anyone familiar with Packaging for a FlexiFit HC432?

Post by john_dozer » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:15 pm

I bought a FlexiFit HC432 from CPAPauction.com.

I'm kind of leery of how it was packaged in two ways.

The first way is that it was sent via Bubble Envelope which had me hmmmm?

The second way was that everything was in a somewhat beat up ziplock bag. There were labels on the exterior but they look like they could easily be peeled off and put on something else. In fact a few of the corners were curled. The mask, headgear and instructions were in the packaging together and not seperately wrapped in any way. Is this how it arrives via a DME?

It was listed as Never Used and Unopened. If the ziplock bag thing is normal than idk, then the bubble envelope was just dumb. But if it sounds like It wasn't provided Never Used and Unopened, I'm going to do whatever I can about it.

sleepycarol

Re: Anyone familiar with Packaging for a FlexiFit HC432?

Post by sleepycarol » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:30 pm

Depends upon whether it was purchased at a DME or on line.

I received the 431 (same company so assume similar packaging) from the DME. It was the first mask I got. DME opened the box in the back and all they came out with is the mask, headgear, and seal. They tried it on and handed it to me like that -- no packaging what so ever. Now that I think about it was kind of dumb but I didn't know any better.

I have gotten a couple of other mask from my DME (different DME than above) and they put the stuff in a clear bag but NOT the original packaging. They kept all extra seals, original box and paperwork, and the storage bags.

I have purchased masks on line and they have been in the original box, plastic wrapped, and with all literature.

So I guess I am trying to say maybe if it was an individual they may have gotten it that way from their DME.
Start Date: 8/30/2007 Pressure 9 - 15
I am not a doctor or other health care professional. Comments reflect my own personal experiences and opinions.

fuzzy96

Post by fuzzy96 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:56 am

i get the 431 which is basically the same but it includes all 3 inserts. the dme puts it in the computer and is shipped from apria's wherehouse in n.j. it comes in a cardboard shipping box. inside is the cardboard box from f&p . they pack everything seperately in individual plastic bags. not ziplocks!!!!!!
personally i would complain to cpap auction and the seller that it was not as described. you can disinfect and use it , but that is not the point. you bid on something that isn't what you got. it's a chance you take going the auction route. there are good and bad. i got a f&p150 humidifier for a great deal there. no probs. but i've heard horror stories too.

if the seller wants to keep thier reputation maybe they'll refund part or all of your purchase.

leave feedback-no seller wants bad feedback. did you check the feedback before you bid?

skittles

Post by skittles » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:15 am

I just recently purchased a Flexi-fit ffm from Cpap auction -- it came in a box in a sealed plastic bag.

Hope that helps

Skittles
The world is full of doubt, indeed, but fuller still of hope.