Unfortunate pregnancy update

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
mbridget

Unfortunate pregnancy update

Post by mbridget » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:16 pm

Well guys, it turns out that I had an Ectopic Pregnancy which ruptured and bled for 2 days into my abdomen. I had to have emergency surgery on Thurs. night. It's a bummer - but even though it destoyed one of my tubes - I will still be able to get pregant in the future. We will try again soon.

Bridget

OutaSync

Re: Unfortunate pregnancy update

Post by OutaSync » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:19 pm

Oh, darling, I'm so sorry. I know how you feel as I have the scar of a ruptured pregnancy from 26 years ago. I'm so sad that you had to go through that. But you are young and you will get another chance. Best wishes going out to you.

Bev

Sleep Study Titrated to 19 cm H2O
Rotating between Activa and Softgel
11/2/07 RemStar M Series Auto with AFlex 14-17
10/17/08 BiPAP Auto SV 13/13-23, BPM Auto, AHI avg <1

jnk

Post by jnk » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:21 pm

Very sorry to hear about your loss, Bridget. It's good to hear that you are OK, and nice to hear about future possibilities, but my heart goes out to you at this difficult time. Go a little easy on yourself for a bit. That kind of grief can be very personal. Thanks for letting us know.

jeff

Bluebonnet_Gal

Post by Bluebonnet_Gal » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:34 pm

jnk wrote:Very sorry to hear about your loss, Bridget. It's good to hear that you are OK, and nice to hear about future possibilities, but my heart goes out to you at this difficult time. Go a little easy on yourself for a bit. That kind of grief can be very personal. Thanks for letting us know.

jeff
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you're okay. I wish you all the best for a future healthy pregnancy and baby!
!

Gail

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:19 pm

So sorry to hear that! I'm glad you let us know. While there is nothing we can do, except express how sorry we are, we want to do that. It's a supportive family here.

Take care of yourself!

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

ycartf

Post by ycartf » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:54 pm

I am very sorry about your loss too Bridget (my wife has had three ectopics - old scar tissue in her tubes). But I will add that my God is the God of promise and of redemption of even the direst circumstances .... not a god of defeat or failure .... and I pray that he will comfort you as only he can and restore you ... mind/body/spirit.

The priests of Israel were instructed to speak what was called "The Priest's Blessing" over God's people, and I would like to speak that over you as I type it now:
"The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace." (Num. 6:24-26)

One neat thing my wife and I have held to on those occasions was that we had a child (because life begins at the point of conception) that one day we would get to see in heaven. Blessings on you sweet lady.

Tracy

Last edited by ycartf on Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety. You will lie down, with no one to make you afraid, and many will court your favor." Job 11:18, 19
http://www.tracystruesoaps.com (Handmade Soaps)

wlenz

Post by wlenz » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:10 pm

Your loss is shared by all of us on this forum. My sincere condolences and you will be in my prayers.
There is only one way to achieve happiness on this terrestrial ball, And that is to have either a clear conscience, or none at all.

Ogden Nash

gasparama

Post by gasparama » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:31 pm

Oh, I am so sorry. Thank you for letting us know. This has been difficult, I know, but, there will be easier days.

One Tired Puppy

Post by One Tired Puppy » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:56 pm

One neat thing my wife and I have held to on those occasions was that we had a child (because life begins at the point of conception) that one day we would get to see in heaven. Blessing on you sweet lady.

Tracy

Bridget,

I am so sorry to hear this news. My heart goes out to you. I believe the same as Tracy, above. I also pray for God's grace and peace for you and healing. I pray the next time everything will go perfect for you and you will have a healthy baby.

Take care of yourself,

Anne

JayC

Post by JayC » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:59 pm

I am glad for you that you still have possibilities. Sending healing thoughts and prayers to you as you deal with your loss....

J

Songbird

Post by Songbird » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:09 pm

My heart sank when I read your note, and it hurts for both you and your husband. Painful as I'm sure it was to do so, thank you for letting us know. I am so sorry for your loss.

Marsha
Resp. Pro M Series CPAP @ 12 cm, 0 C-Flex, 0 HH & Opus 360 mask (backup: Hybrid) since 8/11/08; member since 7/23/08
A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book. ~ Irish Proverb

sleepycarol

Post by sleepycarol » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:17 pm

My brother lost 2 with SIDS and my sister lost one in the 8th month.

This is a very difficult time for you I am sure. Please be good to yourself and know it is acceptable to grief over the loss of your child.

You will be in my prayers.
Start Date: 8/30/2007 Pressure 9 - 15
I am not a doctor or other health care professional. Comments reflect my own personal experiences and opinions.

lktnky

Post by lktnky » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:35 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss, thank you for sharing. My prayer is for your speedy recovery and hope for the joy of a child as soon as you're ready.
All the best,
LKTNKY

junie

Post by junie » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:57 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss, sending prayers and hugs,

Additional Comments: Pressure #11, FF. mask Flexifit 431 & 432, also Mirage Swift ll Nasal Pillow,
Judy

kteague

Post by kteague » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:38 am

I am so sorry to hear that you're going through this. Been over 25 years since I felt that loss. Please know we care.
Kathy