I think I saw some eggs and tomatoes being passed around.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
MusicMan

I think I saw some eggs and tomatoes being passed around.

Post by MusicMan » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:09 pm

Forget it.
Last edited by MusicMan on Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.

jnk

Re: My Life Has Completely Changed Due to CPAP

Post by jnk » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:21 pm

Very nice post, MusicMan!

Kerwin

Post by Kerwin » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:55 pm

MusicMan wrote:I want to thank the folks on this forum for helping me accept my diagnosis of Sleep Apnea and for helping me learn to embrace my CPAP. As many of you, I struggled for months with accepting my diagnosis and the idea of having to wear the CPAP mask. At first I resisted it, and the mask ended up on the floor every night. But coming here allowed me to get around people who were embracing the CPAP... so it helped me lower my guard and give up the resistance I had. That was the key to my being able to see the CPAP as a friend instead of an enemy.

I cannot believe how much better I am sleeping!!! I used to wake up all night long off and on, gasping for air and feeling as if I almost suffocated countless times. Now I go to sleep and I wake up rested, alert, and not tired... unlike before when I woke up in a deep brain fog, totally unrested and feeling depressed.

I recently started a Vitamin B regimen in an attempt to help recover my short term memory. I am already seeing improvement... but I am sure it has a lot to do with the CPAP therapy. I also have an oxygen concentrator that I connect to my CPAP hose, and I use a PureSleep mouthpiece as a backup just in case my mask comes off (which it hasn't for a while). All of these things are helping me. The brain fog is gone. The headaches are also gone, and my memory seems to be improving.

I hope this encourages anyone who is still struggling with accepting their Sleep Apnea diagnosis and their CPAP mask. Once you embrace it as a friend, it makes all the difference!

I guess the best thing to do is give it a shot.
You already have a job lined up there. And even if you are gonna be here, you are just scraping thru. If you go there, you have more chances of getting a better job. Even if you dont, you can still live with nothing to lose. Either ways in this change you only have things to gain.
So girl, i would say, just go for it.
All the best for your future. Shine and lemme knw

MusicMan

Post by MusicMan » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:04 am

Kerwin wrote:I guess the best thing to do is give it a shot.
You already have a job lined up there. And even if you are gonna be here, you are just scraping thru. If you go there, you have more chances of getting a better job. Even if you dont, you can still live with nothing to lose. Either ways in this change you only have things to gain.
I think you made a wrong turn. JobSearch.com is down the hall and to the left.

Georgio

Post by Georgio » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:05 am

"So girl, i would say, just go for it."

In spite of cpap therapy, this still confuses me. Is Musicman a girl?

Just kidding, and congratulations Musicman....the realization that cpap helps is a huge motivator to stay with it.

I am accomplishing superhuman feats again I thought might never be possible!

Best wishes for your therapy.

Georgio
M-Series W/Aflex, Swift LT, Encoreviewer

echo

Post by echo » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:27 am

Yeah , just go for it, MusicGi...er..Man.

Very happy to hear your story! May it be encouragement to those just starting out and feeling discouraged!
PR System One APAP, 10cm
Activa nasal mask + mouth taping w/ 3M micropore tape + Pap-cap + PADACHEEK + Pur-sleep
Hosehead since 31 July 2007, yippie!

jnk

Post by jnk » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:57 am

Kerwin wrote: I guess the best thing to do is give it a shot.
Sorry about the above mixup.

Earlier I had asked Kerwin if I should get a sex change and move to Nashville.

Funny how wires can sometimes get crossed in these forums.

georgepds

Post by georgepds » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:10 am

jnk wrote:..
Earlier I had asked Kerwin if I should get a sex change and move to Nashville.
Back on topic, how's that affect the Respiratory arousal index(1)? Does heavy breathing count;)

(1)AHI +snoring related EEG arousals/hour of sleep.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:11 am

Kerwin wrote: I guess the best thing to do is give it a shot.
Did your RT set you up with the 4-20 ... ?

President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

MusicMan

Post by MusicMan » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:43 am

Georgio wrote:In spite of cpap therapy, this still confuses me. Is Musicman a girl?
No, and I have no idea what I did to cause this thread to go off the deep end. I must have offended someone. Maybe they thought I was gloating or something?

Last edited by MusicMan on Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

jnk

Re: My Life Has Completely Changed Due to CPAP - *DELETE*

Post by jnk » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:50 am

MusicMan wrote:Nevermind - the thread got hijacked.
MusicMan,

Dude, it would be a shame if the only place your post existed was in Kerwin's quote of you in Kerwin's. . . Kerwin's . . . well, whatever the heck it was.

Often around here a particularly nice post like yours will purposely be bumped up by other posters with humor and nonsense instead of just saying "bump." No disrespect intended.

I REALLY liked your post, man. Any chance I can convince you to put it back?

MusicMan

Post by MusicMan » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:54 am

jnk wrote:
MusicMan wrote:Nevermind - the thread got hijacked.
MusicMan,

Dude, it would be a shame if the only place your post existed was in Kerwin's quote of you in Kerwin's. . . Kerwin's . . . well, whatever the heck it was.

Often around here a particularly nice post like yours will purposely be bumped up by other posters with humor and nonsense instead of just saying "bump." No disrespect intended.

I REALLY liked your post, man. Any chance I can convince you to put it back?
Okay, thanks. I guess I just took it wrong and figured that someone didn't like the post.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:55 am

I agree ... your post was good.

All threads get hi-jacked to some degree.

The Kerwin post was very likely just a web-bot and not even a real person.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

jnk

Post by jnk » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:58 am

MusicMan wrote:
Georgio wrote:In spite of cpap therapy, this still confuses me. Is Musicman a girl?
No, and I have no idea what I did to cause this thread to go off the deep end. I must have offended someone. Maybe they thought I was gloating or something.

Please delete this thread.
We get rambunctious here. But you didn't do anything to cause that misdirected post of Kerwin. It was just too funny to pass up. You offended no one. In fact it was your hilarious reply about 'down the hall and to the left 'that seemed to give us liscense. You are already considered a longtime poster for this place and we don't want to lose you. You have the perfect balance between sense of humor and insight for this place, so please keep us updated, but have fun doing it. And consider any nonsense that follows to be further bumps of a great post from one of the gang here.

jeff, one of the (usually) fairly-good-hearted troublemakers.

-SWS

Post by -SWS » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:03 am

I agree that it was and is a great post. One element that seems helpful to me, even to this day:
But coming here allowed me to get around people who were embracing the CPAP...

Somehow a supportive group environment seems helpful to quite a few of us. We help each other solve problems, we commiserate together when we feel we must, and most importantly, we pick each other up from time to time. Very helpful to not have to go it alone IMHO.

And all the fun nonsense is a great pickup as jnk mentioned!