CPAP settings

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
LSAT

CPAP settings

Post by LSAT » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:22 pm

What pressure are most people using...my CPAP is set at 7...doctor says that this is ok for me. It sounds low from what I have been reading here. I don't think I can adjust mine by myself...???

BeanMeScot

Re: CPAP settings

Post by BeanMeScot » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:26 pm

Pressure is individual. It can be from 4-25. Yours is what it is. The only way to know what it is is to have a titration or have a data capable machine with APAP.

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:21 pm

LSAT wrote:What pressure are most people using...my CPAP is set at 7...doctor says that this is ok for me. It sounds low from what I have been reading here. I don't think I can adjust mine by myself...???
Restating what was previously said, your pressure is "what is supposed to keep YOUR airway open" and was prescribed from (presumably) a one-night sleep study/titration. Far too many times, the sleep studies don't show the actual pressure that's needed from night to night.......that's why we urge people to get a data-capable machine and the software to find out how their therapy is working.

However, if you wish to experiment with a different pressure setting, here are the instructions to change them.

Make sure you're not not mouth-leaking. (losing your therapy air out your mouth while you're sleeping)

Den

- Turn on the HC234.

- Enter programming mode by holding down the "RAMP" (top) button and the "Next" (Right arrow/bottom button) for three seconds.

- The first screen will allow you to set adjust altitude, which is indicated by a drawing of a mountain range on the screen. You can change this to "m" for meters or "ft" for feet by pressing the Up or Down keys. Press the Right Arrow key to allow changing the altitude setting.

- Press the "NEXT" (Right arrow/bottom button) to advance to pressure setting which will be indicated by the characters "cm h20 " on the screen. Use the Up and Down keys to change the pressure setting.

- Lastly, push that bottom button again to exit programming mode.
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:25 pm

LSAT wrote:What pressure are most people using...my CPAP is set at 7...doctor says that this is ok for me. It sounds low from what I have been reading here. I don't think I can adjust mine by myself...???
Did you learn how to adjust it?

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:24 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Did you learn how to adjust it?
You made me laugh CG
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760