The PAP-Cap Advantage

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
krousseau

The PAP-Cap Advantage

Post by krousseau » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:20 pm

I recently reviewed the cap giving it credit for allowing me to successfully use the Activa mask which really does not fit me--it is too big. In spite of the size problem the PAP-Cap held the mask in place so well (Res-med headgear was useless) that I have used the Activa for a couple months essentially without leaks. What nothing could help with was reading with the Activa on. I could keep my glasses on but the mask was in my reading focus area. Reading is how I put myself to sleep, so sleep has suffered. And the Activa did not improve my numbers even without leaks. Now I'm returning to use of my Opti-Life and can do so without mouth leaks because the PAP-Cap chinstrap works so well. My data shows a few more leaks because of levering the pillows out of my nose occasionally during the night--but my AHI is the same. I'm taking a leather punch to the mask frame and adding an extra velcro strap to see if that stops the leaks. Also plan an experiment to see how much I can pare down one of my Opti-Life frames-lke just enough to hold the pillows and some velcro straps. The cap will allow me to sew more velcro where ever I need it to stabilize any of the masks I currently have and it keeps my mouth closed.
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.....Galbraith's Law