Where to sell barely used Remstar Auto w/ A-flex

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
captainq

Where to sell barely used Remstar Auto w/ A-flex

Post by captainq » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:30 pm

Does anyone know where I can sell a used Remstar Auto M series with A-flex machine? I tried to use it for 2 nights, and I just couldn't get used to using one of these. It's not the machine, I just didn't the whole air being pushed down the throat thing. I have very mild sleep apnea, so its not a huge problem, and it has gotten better over the last year. So I have this really expensive machine and 2 really nice masks and I would like to find a place to sell them. Any suggestions? I looked on ebay, but there isn't any selling.
-captainq

looking4zzzz

Re: Where to sell barely used Remstar Auto w/ A-flex

Post by looking4zzzz » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:38 pm

If you're convinced you won't try to get used to it, you might try CPAPAuction.com or Craig's list. I would only caution that lots of folks have posted about how long it took them to get used to CPAP, and once they did, how much better they felt. Are you sure 2 days is enough to time to make a decision?

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:51 pm

I'll give $100 for the lot and you're done.

gailandartie

Post by gailandartie » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:00 pm

I would be interested in buying it, Please contact me by clicking on my username on the left and then clicking on PM - send private message. I will make you a fair offer.

Gail

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:05 pm

If you do get rid of it instead of being treated, put the money in the bank for your added medical problems, by-pass surgery is costly. Jim

I did it the hard way too, got the by-pass first, now I'm happy with the extra air.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

jsmythe

Post by jsmythe » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:42 am

Goofproof wrote:If you do get rid of it instead of being treated, put the money in the bank for your added medical problems, by-pass surgery is costly. Jim

I did it the hard way too, got the by-pass first, now I'm happy with the extra air.
yep, those extra medical expenses include all the repair to internal organs from lack of oxygen, and rehabilitation later on after a stroke or heart attack, or worse yet,,,, Funeral expenses in case all else fails.

Keep the machine CaptainQ, and let us help you get through this, we have all been there and felt what you feel.

Started using cpap Sept. 12, 2007
Respironics PR System One Bi-Pap Auto w/Flex,pressure of 9/15, do not use ramp

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:34 am

captainq wrote:Does anyone know where I can sell a used Remstar Auto M series with A-flex machine? I tried to use it for 2 nights, and I just couldn't get used to using one of these. It's not the machine, I just didn't the whole air being pushed down the throat thing. I have very mild sleep apnea, so its not a huge problem, and it has gotten better over the last year. So I have this really expensive machine and 2 really nice masks and I would like to find a place to sell them. Any suggestions? I looked on ebay, but there isn't any selling.
-captainq
TWO NIGHTS?!?!?!?! You're drowning in the river of De Nile. Sounds like you've been clueless about how it works and had no help from your medical professionals, either. I don't think ANY of us went right to "severe" apnea......somewhere back in time we had "mild" apnea, too. It progressively gets worse and tears you down.
My suggestion would be to either figure out how to use it or park it in the closet because there WILL be a time in the future when you will REALLY need it.......like when you FINALLY swim out of that river.

Den
Last edited by Wulfman on Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

sleepycarol

Post by sleepycarol » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:20 am

I am with jsmythe and wulfman on this one!!

Two nights is NOT long enough to adjust to this therapy. At some point your apnea will get worse and the damage to your body will lead you to an early death.

Read the forum, post questions, read Our Wisdom above.

Hang in there -- you will be glad you did.

Make sure to let the forum help you to adjust to this new way of life.
Start Date: 8/30/2007 Pressure 9 - 15
I am not a doctor or other health care professional. Comments reflect my own personal experiences and opinions.

packitin

Post by packitin » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:50 am

Where do you live, and how much?
Resmed Vauto S Bilevel
Airfit n30

sleepycarol

Post by sleepycarol » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:32 pm

This is just MY opinion but here goes as I feel that I must speak up.

Someone has posted that they can't get used to the pressure and after 2 nights are thinking of throwing in the towel.

People have jumped on the chance to purchase their machine instead of encouraging the person to try to work through this "breaking in" period. THAT IS A CRYING SHAME!!!! A few of us that have been at it awhile are trying to encourage the person to try harder as the long term effects of apneas are hard on one's body!! I am assuming all those clamoring to buy the machine already have a machine -- if not there are avenues you can take to get one at a reasonable price -- cpap.com; cpapauction.com; craigslist, local ads, etc.

If the person had a gun to their head -- would some of you tell them to go ahead? One is a quick death -- the other (not using cpap) is slow and agonizing -- same difference once you are dead you are dead!!!

LET'S ENCOURAGE USE -- not discourage it!!
I am not a doctor or other health care professional. Comments reflect my own personal experiences and opinions.

AuntieNae

Post by AuntieNae » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:41 pm

Don't give up! I am only 9 days into this CPAP thing and can already feel the difference. I am still struggling with a comfortable full face mask but with each day, each hour, the whole thing gets easier. Give yourself a goal of making it 1 hour on the machine tonight .. instead of the WHOLE night .. small steps. Celebrate the 1 hour, then try it again.
S8 AutoSet II with H4i Humid, reader + software
M Series Auto w Aflex with HH, reader + software
IntelliPAP AutoAdjust with HH, reader + software
Mirage Liberty Full Face with Nasal Pillows and Head Gear
Pursleep, Pad A Cheeks~ :)
Started 9/12/08

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:03 pm

My take on this poster -
is NOT a member here and more likely not a CPAP patient but someone (ebayer?) looking for a place to profit. Personally, I don't think non-members should be permitted to openly sell goods on a forum they are NOT registered to. I suspect that will lead to other problems. So in short, I don't believe this story. Others may have a different opinion.

If he was being honest about it, he would register with cpapauction.com

packitin

Post by packitin » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:05 pm

Of course, you are right, Sleepy_doll. I was just trying to get the person to talk a little more about themselves to see what their story is and if they really wanted to sell it. Then I was going to try to get them to keep it. Since there is no response, I assume it was some kind of staged thing.
Jay
Resmed Vauto S Bilevel
Airfit n30

sleepycarol

Post by sleepycarol » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:54 pm

If it hadn't been for this forum, I probably would have thrown my towel in. I have learned sooooo much!!

I had lots of encouragement, questions answered, pats on the back from forum members during the smooth times, a shoulder to cry on when things were tough -- it means a lot to me.

Since being diagnosed, I have discovered others that have sleep apnea and are dealing with their struggles using the machine. I have tried to steer them here, but "of course -- they are unique and what would a bunch of strangers have to offer" and have not ventured here to get the help they need.

I think, but for the Grace of God I could be one of them -- somehow I managed to find this forum the very day I picked up my M series plus machine and with the help from the forum discovered that was not what my script was for and was able to get it straightened out by "firing" the first DME.

I truly am one of the lucky ones!!

jules

Post by jules » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:03 pm

captainq wrote:I have very mild sleep apnea, so its not a huge problem, and it has gotten better over the last year.
Can we say

A. A hot machine

B. an estate or garage sale pick up

or

C. An Idiot in major denial

Please vote. It is your privilege and even guest can vote. Image