Bedfan

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Babette

Bedfan

Post by Babette » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:32 am

Anyone tried this yet?

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/tompki ... mfort.html

I'd seen this before, I'm not sure where. But being SUMMER NOW, I'm getting interested again!

Cheers,
Babs

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

birdshell

Post by birdshell » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:45 am

Wow, that is interesting, Babs.

I keep a fan blowing many nights in the summer, but I'm not sure if I would like it from the feet as that is the coldest part of my body. In winter, I am never out of my fleece socks at night to help with that. I find that I do not sleep well if I don't have warm feet.

So, I like the fan on the upper part of my body and I can pull up a blanket over my standard sheet as the body temperature drops. Still, this is a very clever idea, and keeps the fan from annoying the "cold" person Image beside you in the bed.

Thanks for the information!

Karen
Be kinder than necessary; everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Click => Free Mammograms

Babette

Post by Babette » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:49 am

I wonder if wearing socks would help?

I don't suffer from cold feet in the summer, but I do in the winter. I'm definitely contemplating this. When it's hot here, it's miserable. My house doesn't have an attic fan, and the roof/attic gets so hot, and there's no place for that heat to go, so it gets trapped in the house and it's often hotter in the house than outside.

But I live in a bad neighborhood, and I'm scared to just go sleep outside. Tempted, but so far, scared.

Cheers,
B.

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

kharyssa

have you checked out the Chillow?

Post by kharyssa » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:07 pm

it's a pillow with a chill mat in it. Affordable and works great!

http://www.chillow.com

kharyssa

have you checked out the Chillow?

Post by kharyssa » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:11 pm

I found that a fan kept the kitties away - they don't like the breeze. So I got a chillow on a whim... it's a pillow with a chill mat in it. it works great and now have to fight the boyfriend for it on hot nights!

http://www.chillow.com

Titrator

Post by Titrator » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:50 pm

I have the bedfan. I liked it so much that I recommended that CPAP.com look at it. We are all impressed not only by how nice it feels under the sheets, but by being able to turn your AC up. I have mine set on 78 at night instead of 74. This saves money. In Texas... lots of money.

Ted

Babette

Post by Babette » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:20 am

Hey Ted, after reading your bio yesterday, I have a new Mantra:

Ted said it. I believe it. That settles it.

Thank you SO MUCH for all the great work you've done for us here!!!!!!

Kudos,
Babs

Lee Lee

Post by Lee Lee » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:57 pm

I SO want this thing. I Goggled it, but can't find reviews, other than the ones on the site selling it.
Ted, how about a full review?
I'm embarrassed to say,I have a ceiling fan above me, and little fan beside me and a little one on the headboard. It's 68 in our bedroom, and I still feel hot.

Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:58 pm

gets pretty hot down there eh?

LOL!!
someday science will catch up to what I'm saying...

Lee Lee

Post by Lee Lee » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:36 pm

Snoredog, I'm in Virginia, in a 3 level townhouse, with a broken attic fan that my husband swears to God he will get to any minute now. (been waiting 2 years.) Heat risies.
It's so humid that my glass of ice water (or whatever is in my glass tonight) is sitting in a huge puddle of condensation. In the summer, we regularly hit the 90's and up.
Add to all that a big ole Activa mask billowing out heated humidified air, and a dog that MUST sleep beside me, and Voila! Instant hot mama!
LOL!

Titrator

Post by Titrator » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:56 pm

Hi Lee Lee,

There is a great video at the bottom of the product page on CPAP.COM.

It shows the bedfan in action. I use it every night. Several of my friends from around the country have bought them as well and love it.

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/tompki ... mfort.html

Ted

PS. The Bedfan gets the Rested Gal seal of approval as well.

Bookbear

Post by Bookbear » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:20 pm

Ted, congrats on the nice write-up in the cpap.com email, and special congrats on the success of your weight loss! That's a tremendous accomplishment as well as a real improvement in your overall health.

Your advice and your work in keeping this forum running smoothly are greatly appreciated! Thumbs UP!

Last edited by Bookbear on Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Getting old doesn't make you 'forgetful'. Having too damn many things to remember makes you 'forgetful'.

Titrator

Post by Titrator » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:03 am

Bookbear, Thank you for your kind words... But, the forum has a life of its own. It would be just another software program living on the web without the great people who spend lots of time posting and reading.

CPAPTalk has far surpassed my wildest expectations. There is a positive energy force that surrounds this site. People coming together to share, learn and support each other. It is truly magnificent. I learn something new every time I look at the board.

Ted