MY FIRST NIGHT WITH BIPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
photogal

MY FIRST NIGHT WITH BIPAP

Post by photogal » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:08 am

Hello, and a good cheerful morning to you all!
I just spent my very first night as a hosehead. Resperonics biPAP Pro 2, with ResMed Ultra FF mask.
Set up was easy. I filled the humidifier with distilled water. I set the humidifier on 3. I Put on the mask and tried to put my <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp ... %20glasses" onmouseover="window.status='<a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp ... %20glasses" onmouseover="window.status='reading glasses'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">reading glasses</a>'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">reading glasses</a> on. Hahaha. Took off the mask, crawled into bed with my novel, and read until I got sleepy. THEN I put the mask back on and turned everything on.
Usually, after reading, I fall asleep in a matter of 5 minutes. Last night, with all that strange gear on, it took more like 15-20.
For the first time in so many years I can't count them, I fell asleep ON MY BACK. For comfort, I put a fat pillow under my knees.
Everything worked well for over an hour, then I woke as I needed to change positions. I went to my side. I did this off and on all night, and only noticed some minor leaks while on my side. Usually, adjusting how the mask sat on my face eliminated those.
It seems I woke up an awful lot, but I expect as wearing this gear gets to become routine, that will change.
I awoke with a leg cramp'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">leg cramp</a>'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">leg cramp</a> at 5 a.m., and couldn't get relief without arising, so that ended my first night with BiPAP. The leg cramp was probably caused by too many hours sitting at the computer working on photographs yesterday, causing some deminished circulation in my legs.
In spite of the short night (5 hours) and many awakenings, I feel more rested than when I would have had an hour or two more bed time. I don't have a distressed feeling in my chest! The humidifier must've been set OK as I didn't wake up with a dry mouth.
All in all, I'm optimistic.
Betty

photogal

What in the world?

Post by photogal » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:14 am

What caused all that gobbledegook to be added to my message? All I did is go back into my message using "Edit" and add another f to of, changing it to "off."
Sure screws up the reading.

SleeplessinKC

Post by SleeplessinKC » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:50 am

Try reposting...
Mike

Respironics RemStar Auto w/C-Flex
Respironics Warm Humidifier
ResMed Mirage Swift and Ultra Mirage FF Interfaces (formerly Tiara SNAPP)
10' CPAP Hose