Aussie hose - travel problems

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Bellcrest

Aussie hose - travel problems

Post by Bellcrest » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:34 am

I am a Canadian visiting at the moment in the UK and will be traveling on to Singapore and then Australia.

I have sorted out apap and laptop connections with not too much problem but the aussie heated hose is a real problem. I cannot find where to get proper adapter for it and thougth that I could do without it.....not so!!

I am nearly drowning in my sleep each night with rainout. I have the apap on the floor and still getting rainout with two covers on the hose. I desperately need to know how to get heat from this hose here in the UK for starters then on to the rest of my trip.

Can anyone that has adapter from Canada or the US tell me how they handle travelling to europe with aussie heated hose?

So far I am NOT having fun!!

Shirley

blarg

Post by blarg » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:32 am

Email customer service. They'll tell you where you can get them. They were great when I moved from the states to Australia.

info@sleepzone.com.au
I'm a programmer Jim, not a doctor!

billbolton

Re: Aussie hose - travel problems

Post by billbolton » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:42 am

Bellcrest wrote:I cannot find where to get proper adapter for it and thought that I could do without it.....not so!!
You need a plug pack that has a 12 Volt DC at ~1 Amp output. This is a very common rating should be available from Maplins, or similar, in the UK.

A Maplins L47BL would work... its a switched mode supply so will work on mains voltages from 100V AC to 240V AC (that is pretty much anywhere in the world). Price is £17.99

A Maplins L49BR would also work but is 230V AC only input voltage. Price is £15.99.

Maplins also carry a 240V to 120V voltage converter rated at 45W, which should be fine for running your US plug pack. The part number is RP90X and price is £7.99.

See.... http://www.maplin.co.uk

There are about a hundred or so Maplins stores across the UK. See the store locations towards the bottom of their home page (you'll need to scroll down).

The power outlets in Singapore are the same as in the UK. Australia uses a different plug to the UK, but adapter plugs to match to UK devices are readily available. All 3 countries use ~230V 50Hz AC mains power.

Cheers,

Bill

Bellcrest

Thanks so much for the responses

Post by Bellcrest » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:10 pm

I did contact the Aussie hose people in Australia....they are ever so friendly and helpful. They said that any electrical place in the UK would have what I need. I didn't find this to be the case in this area.

I did however manage to order online, the adapter that billbolton suggested. It was out of stock, but will arrive in a day or two, so there is some hope for my problem.

I have no idea why the rainout problem is so extreme here. Prior to purchasing the heated hose I didn't have too much toroble with rainout at home in Canada, at least not like I am having now.

Hopefully when the adapter arrives, my problems will be solve.

I appreciate your response. I have never gotten bad advice from this board.

I am enjoying my time in the UK, but will sleep much better once my hose adapter arrives.

Shirley

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:43 pm

Just turn the heat back on the HH, less Temp less Rainout. Jim

Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire