Encore Pro 1.8 and Comments field

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cwsanfor

Encore Pro 1.8 and Comments field

Post by cwsanfor » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:42 am

I had not updated my stats page (URL below) since I installed EP 1.8. I have been using the Comments field to store my notes, then copying the text from that field and pasting them into the web page.

It appears that Respironics has eliminated the ability to copy from the Comments box.

Can someone using EP 1.8 verify this?

Why Respironics would use their valuable programming resources to eliminate such a useful function is forever beyond my comprehension, except as a big finger to the what, 5% of us that are being active in our own health care. Pretty sad.

mhacker

Post by mhacker » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:36 am

Appears to be true. I can understand not being able to edit the comment info since it is designed to be in a clinic or doctors office and you do not want someone changing information. However, the same might be true on copying the data - you might not want someone taking info to send to lawyer, medical board, insurance company, etc. Well, they might not want you to send it, but at least they can not destroy or change it.

As a thought, I wonder how to get a report output with the info? That might be a cut&paste source.

cwsanfor

Post by cwsanfor » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:53 am

Good points, mhacker.

I expect that if they were to give a reason for this, it would be related to HIPAA or some other patient confidentiality issue.

I can export that to HTML, then copy and paste from that, but that's more trouble than just using Dreamweaver as my diary editor. I guess that's what I'll do.