Still machine shopping, Is this a good one?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
dieselgal

Still machine shopping, Is this a good one?

Post by dieselgal » Tue May 15, 2007 11:11 am

Respironics REMstar Pro2 with C-Flex and Integrated Heated Humidifier

New $450.00

Handgunner45

Post by Handgunner45 » Tue May 15, 2007 11:45 am

Thats the unit I use. Works great for me. Has full data capability. If you are happy using a CPAP vs an APAP, it is a very good machine.

"Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together." --Red Green

http://www.keepsakeacres.com

Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Tue May 15, 2007 11:49 am

good machine but kind of foolish to spend that much on a basic CPAP machine when you can get an Autopap which will run in the same mode and do everything that machine will do and more.

I wouldn't spend that much money for that machine when you can spend $50-$75 more and get the Auto version and possibly save yourself the expense of another titration down the road.

If you shop around you can get a 420e autopap for as low as $399.

someday science will catch up to what I'm saying...

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue May 15, 2007 11:50 am

If you DON'T want the benefits of a APAP machine, the Pro 2 Classic is fine, I have the one INS is paying for, and two APAP's, I paid for. All will do the job fine, and collect the needed data. I used the Pro 2, to find my correct pressure, after the sleep lab and Dr. missed. Then I use the APAP's, to make treatment more comfortable. Jim

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): APAP

Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

harikarishimari

Post by harikarishimari » Tue May 15, 2007 1:40 pm

consider the little extra out-of-pocket to get the AUTO, if for no other reason than to do a pressure titration now and then. compare that with spending weeks and months wondering "is my pressure set correctly?", then having to beg for another sleep study / titration. or worse have a sleep tech bump it up or down (for a small fee) based on their personal omniscience and professional wisdom and experience (translation: wild guess), and then having them ask "do you feel better?". then repeat.

worse, come here and ask serious questions about your pressure and be told mindlessly "ask your doctor", like we uneducated yingyangs all just fell off the yogurt wagon.

-HKS

(sorry, u caught me in a bad mood, just got back from several weeks out of country where the air is clear and richly humid and i hardly need the apap. back in nevada where the air truly sux. arrrrrgh!)

Seek counsel of him who makes you weep, and not of him who makes you laugh.

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Tue May 15, 2007 2:11 pm

(If I can control my laughter from reading HKS's post long enough to type this.....I will.)

In addition to what everyone else wrote, one of the things I'd be looking for would be being able to get warranty service if necessary.
It may be "brand new in the box", but the warranty is for 2 years and if it that time is about run out and something goes wrong (or IS wrong) then that $450 won't be such a good deal. A brand new one w/HH from CPAP.COM is $540 and you KNOW you'll get a 2-year warranty with THEM.
As far as the APAP v CPAP......that's YOUR call.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue May 15, 2007 7:33 pm

Yahoo Auctions currently has a few Autos for about $350 buy now price with low milage.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.